*** Destiny Raid & PvP discussion thread ***

Soldato
Kill ogres, kill knights, kill shade * 3, detonate blights. Win.

e: I do have one tip, after you stagger oryx as you don't detonate blights and will go to the shade, move everyone to front to kill thrall otherwise they'll end up in shade, then when Oryx moves forward backup a bit so you don't get domed by the shade.

Last edited:
Soldato
Strategy is :

3 guys on plate, 1,2,3.
1 jumper.
2 guys on daughter's platform. 1 must be a titan.

When Oryx slams, the titan on the platform pops a blessings of light bubble. The two guys on top (and the guys on the plates) waste the ogres with Touch of Malice. When the second ogre is down, one of them switches to killing the knights that spawn. Other guys continues finishing off all 4 ogres where they spawn with help from the guys on the plates.

At this point, runner has the relic and calls it out, so the plate guys drop off their plates onto the step to avoid fire from adds/oryx.

Knight guy on the platform finishes off the last knight....then it's about time for oryx to slam and everyone goes to the middle.

Everyone sits in the aura and clears all the adds with ToM.

That's a cycle, repeat x4 and you're done.

Soldato
Tuesday December 15th - PSN - Hard Mode (Including Challenge) - Group 2 - 8:30pm Start:

1) Drunzer
2) Venom
3) TehMoe
4) CoreyMcK20
5)
6)

Anyone else for this?

Associate
Strategy is :

3 guys on plate, 1,2,3.
1 jumper.
2 guys on daughter's platform. 1 must be a titan.

When Oryx slams, the titan on the platform pops a blessings of light bubble. The two guys on top (and the guys on the plates) waste the ogres with Touch of Malice. When the second ogre is down, one of them switches to killing the knights that spawn. Other guys continues finishing off all 4 ogres where they spawn with help from the guys on the plates.

At this point, runner has the relic and calls it out, so the plate guys drop off their plates onto the step to avoid fire from adds/oryx.

Knight guy on the platform finishes off the last knight....then it's about time for oryx to slam and everyone goes to the middle.

Everyone sits in the aura and clears all the adds with ToM.

That's a cycle, repeat x4 and you're done.

Ta, sounds like a good one. I just don't understand why some people are so obsessed with the no knight method.

Soldato
Ta, sounds like a good one. I just don't understand why some people are so obsessed with the no knight method.

I've never even tried the no knight method, the idea of leaving ogres roaming around the place does not compute.

This method we've done every week since HM launched and it's hard to fault really. Very little scope to mess up, usually it's janky stuff going on in the shade phase that causes a wipe.

Associate

Slightly lower light levels, or lack of ToM/Decent sniper, or generally with random people that get together it is bit easier for them to co-ordinate between each other.

Soldato
Just realised Corey is out of group 1 and into 2, so we need one more for group 1.

yeah the skankin git :p :D :p

Room for one more at the inn chaps for tonights ORIGINAL run - none of this elitism I wanna play with my mates marlarky ere ;)

LOL - sorry Corey - I couldn't resist! gotta give you some crap for it abandoning us at the last minute man! - I blame Drunzer really - its all his fault tempting you away from us with his promise of pro-players and stuff ;)

Associate

Room for one more at the inn chaps for tonights ORIGINAL run - none of this elitism I wanna play with my mates marlarky ere ;)

LOL - sorry Corey - I couldn't resist! gotta give you some crap for it abandoning us at the last minute man! - I blame Drunzer really - its all his fault tempting you away from us with his promise of pro-players and stuff ;)

Gonna leave work now, so should be on for 8:30, btw I don't have ToM but got 318 1000-yard, 312 Titan just a heads up.

Associate

It's fine zoomee but don't blame Drunzer blame Moe everyone else does so why shouldn't you :)

Caporegime

I don't think anyone is obsessed with it. I have done both strats and there isn't much in them if you have a decent fireteam.

I'm usually runner but I can assume any position. I prefer killing the knights so that less aggro on the runner but both methods are fine.

I don't think bungie intended anyone to do no knights that is why they have made this the challenge imo. I think this is the way they intended the oryx hard mode raid to be done. Because the only difference is the knights between normal and hard so ignoring them has kind of defeated their purpose.

Soldato

Likewise, I don't understand why people are so obsessed with the knight method either. I'm easy either way. The team makes a far bigger difference than the strat.

Caporegime
FFS almost had that barsteward Oryx down but couldn't do it. Spent nearly 3 hrs trying to get him down, blazed through most of the raid in about an hr but after 3 hrs of trying to nail Oryx....we just have up in the end. You kinda know after a few dozen wipes that it isn't going to happen with the team you are in.

As much as I love the100 for getting groups to do raids with, seems like everyone has their own way of doing things and sometimes it just doesn't work.

Anyhow will have to try and nail him as I have the cp so hoping I find a team that knows what they are doing and finally get him down.

Last edited:
Soldato
Reminder for tonights run chaps:

Originally Posted by mid_gen View Post
Raiding Wednesday for Oryx challenge mode, usual suspects?

1) middgen
2) Turbo
3) Zoomee
4) Venom
5) Moe
6) Drunzer

Reserve: DavieM66

Back
Top Bottom