Best Screenwash?

Soldato
Been using the Prestone one the last few years
Have no complaints

Handy hint: Their yellow one is far better than the blue one. Don't bother with their de-icer though. At 4am the other morning (1oC according to the car) we had a decent layer of ice on the glass. I sprayed their non-aerosol de-icer and the bloody thing had refrozen solid in seconds and sealed the windows shut. :mad: True story. Back to Bluecol spray...

Soldato
Don't forget to use it neat or only slightly diluted when it is sub zero.

Good quality neat screen wash will clear frost from a wind shield. and I have lost count of the number of frost damaged windscreen wash pumps I have replaced for people over the years because they have only mixed it 20:1 or whatever.

Associate
I use the berry scented one from halfords, was on 2 for £5 or something a while ago so bought 2 containers of 5L concentrate. Will make me upto 100 liters, and for £5 can't really go wrong!

This but I bought 8 of them :p

Those buying BMW screenwash, that's crazy money. Be cheaper to run it through some sort of screen surely.

Soldato
This but I bought 8 of them :p

Those buying BMW screenwash, that's crazy money. Be cheaper to run it through some sort of screen surely.

I don't know why it blocks the jets if you use non BMW stuff but its apparently a right (expensive) pain to sort. Its not that expensive and I really like the smell now :)

Soldato
I always forget about screenwash so I just get whatever is available in whatever shop I'm in when I remember to actually buy some. Never had blocked jets in my e46.

But I'd say the main thing is less is more when mixing concentrate, especially in this year's "winter"!

This - usually <insert supermarket here>'s own brand concentrated stuff. Never had a "problem" with it in the last 10 years or so I've been driving!

Soldato
I've tried a few, but in winter, having had times when -12 degrees caused issues, I just buy in bulk:
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/c...h/concentrate-screenwash/?542771201&0&cc5_701

-15 degree concentrate, smells OK and is certainly better than the stuff the main dealer puts in..

In summer, I just anything that cleans well..

The Halfords scented stuff didn't clean too well and also slightly clogged up my bottle with slime after a few months, so I avoid that now..

Soldato
Because water doesn't clean the screen properly, there is no detergent in it, plus putting in hard water in, your going to get limescale build up and clog the tubes, sprinklers etc over time, calgon won't come in handy either then.

Back
Top Bottom