Who has right of way?

Associate
It should be the opposite. Essentially strongest to most vulnerable (or however you want to word it)

Put it another way. Car vs Excavator. Always let the Excavator go as he will crush you if you crash.

Same with car vs pedestrian. The only person at risk is the pedestrian.

Soldato
It should be the opposite. Essentially strongest to most vulnerable (or however you want to word it)

Put it another way. Car vs Excavator. Always let the Excavator go as he will crush you if you crash.

Same with car vs pedestrian. The only person at risk is the pedestrian.

That's exactly why the weakest has priority - otherwise why would anyone in a "stronger" vehicle ever give way to a "weaker" one?

Soldato
Rule 206 of the Highway Code says this:

children are more interested in ice cream than traffic

How do they know this :confused::confused::confused: - this is a cruel generalisation. Think of all the lactose intolerant children :mad: I can't believe they are forcing our children to be interested in ice cream

(p.s. I hope there is a question on the theory test about what children are interested in)

Man of Honour
•turning at road junctions; give way to pedestrians who are already crossing the road into which you are turning

What a coincidence, I was explaining this to my 25 year old about 4 hours ago when she went mad at a pedestrian crossing a road she was turning into.
I said that the white lines gave pedestrians right of way priority.

Associate
That's exactly why the weakest has priority - otherwise why would anyone in a "stronger" vehicle ever give way to a "weaker" one?

Except it gives a false sense of security. A person can walk into the middle of the road having 'priority'. That priority aint gonna make the blind bit of difference when he gets hit by a lorry.

Soldato
Except it gives a false sense of security. An idiot can walk into the middle of the road having 'priority'. That priority aint gonna make the blind bit of difference when he gets hit by a lorry.

Fixed that for you ;)

Tbh if someone is thick enough to step out in front of a bus because they're "in the right" then its probably better for everyone if they are removed from the gene pool before they reproduce

Permabanned
Well according to a google definition search 'right of way' can also be defined as follows; 'the legal right of a pedestrian, vehicle, or ship to proceed with precedence over others in a particular situation or place'. I think everyone in this thread knew full well what the OP meant so nothing was accomplished by going in to pedant mode.

Soldato
If a pedestrian has started to cross a road, then they have priority - regardless of crossings. That is the highway code's position on the matter.
Why I wasted all them years walking the extra distance to a pedestrian crossing to cross the road....:(
When I could just walk straight cross a main road anywhere and all the cars will have to stop and give way to me..

Some are pavements have like 100+ people walking down them at rush hour could you imagine all them people just crossing where ever they want..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom