** Star Wars Episode VII - SPOILERS WITHIN **

Caporegime
OP
Of course Luke could beat Ren. I imagine that reasons for him vanishing are something different. Remember Ren had just killed his father as well, he was hardly in a good mental state!

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Things in trailers that are not in the movie:

- Luke's lightsaber handover, it doesn't happen in the sistine chapel ceiling style as trailer suggested
- The words "I know all about waiting . . . for my family." do not happen?

Man of Honour
Tickets booked for sat, haven't got high hopes. But we will see.

Would love to see them do the Jedi academy series. But I doubt they will.

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
In a time 37 years ago in a place far fat away about 65miles actually i went to see a movie. Its been a long wait but this movie was the movie that really did hit the spot. I had a tear in my eye more tham once its roller-coaster movie and its awesome. Perfect response to the and the first words uttered in the film ring true when you think about it. A nice subtle dig indeed.

Associate
Really enjoyed this. Agree with some of the feedback on here but it felt like a proper Star Wars movie and hit the spot. Looking forward to the next one.

Man of Honour
Just got back from slacking off work and catching a midday showing.

Can't help but feel the buildup and hype spoiled it somewhat for me, but still great fun. Does feel a lot like a rehashing of ANH & RotJ with annother death star, get inside, blast the hell out of it ending.

Soldato
What's the best order to watch the prequels then? 1-6 or 4-6, 1-3?

Watch them in the Machete order, everything is revealed in a better cronological order and maintains the sense of a series of events vectoring to a cataclysmic decision:

Ignore 1 it adds nothing and contains ridiculous concepts that even Lucas decided not to expand upon.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
I've rehashed the lot right before going, and stopped in the middle of 2, because it was wrecking the experience for me and started to lose enthusiasm for the Force Awakening.

I say this as a hardcore SW fan, 4-6 now look and feel very dated now, mainly due to inconsistent ropey in-game quality CGI added by Lucas to the old VFX, but also there is something about acting, amplified by several frame conversions and pitch shifting between digital releases, the amount of over exaggeration and almost cheese puts a nice childhood patina on it - yet it bridges perfectly with Force Awakening, despite the fact, that morning after seeing it I feel like I've seen more of a Star Trek bridge to Star Wars universe reboot than fresh SW idea. Don't worry about internet moaning - 95% of it really isn't bad movie - the moaning is about 30 years of ballast that no screen writer and director can deliver these days, not unless they lived every page of SW universe ever since, and there are no such people in Hollywood, even Lucas himself couldn't deliver for fans.

jc0

jc0

Associate
I was hoping for a dark, gritty reboot - like the new Batman films were. But in hindsight it was stupid of me to ever expect that when I knew that, ultimately, it's still Disney calling the shots.

Caporegime
It was absolutely fantastic. Will be seeing it again and going to see it twice in Imax (Sheffield with family, BFI with film people).

Adored it. Think it was a beautifully crafted film, it felt like a love letter to the 1977 film, using nostalgia and familiarity wonderfully. There are enough nods to the original trilogy, while the story progression is definitely there.

Romantic, funny, intelligent, beautiful. Well shot, pacing was a bit hit and miss, good performances, well edited, excellent soundtrack...

On a par with the original film (A New Hope).

Back
Top Bottom