accidental rape?

Caporegime
Which can also be annoying because some people take that far too literally and/or just forget the "reasonable" bit causing arguments in deliberations and adding half a week of deliberation just because it is not completely impossible that someone else committed the fraud despite the evidence showing that it was the defendant that was on the phone to the other parties recorded saying "do the fraud" and that his computers from his office, his home and his two laptops were used to commit the fraud.

No, I'm not bitter. *twitches*. Not at all.

Commissario
I read about this today. :rolleyes:

If he was skint he would be doing time. ;)

The rich have there laws and you, just do as you are bloody told you peasant. :p

About the only way the law differs between the rich and the poor is the potential quality of the lawyers involved.

Whilst you can get some great ones on legal aid/cheaply, it tends to be the case that if you've got the money you can pick your legal representation based purely on how good they are rather than having to take into account what is covered by legal aid or you can personally afford.

Associate
Rape is abhorrent.. But.. At what point when two drunk young girls go back to some rich guy's pad.. One of which was apparently consensual..

There has to be some personal accountability here.. Don't go back to creepy rich guys pads thinking they are just being friendly?

This is the kind of attitude which is probably a lot to do with the jurys decision on a lot of these cases... not so much whether they believe the accused's story, but whether they believe it was somehow her own fault anyway.

Rape is illegal, no matter what she was wearing , who she was with, or where she was.

Soldato
He was with a 24 yr old chick, don't know about anyone else but mine would be everywhere, ceiling.....behind the telly...it would be like a sperm grenade had gone off.

does anyone know what she looked like though? if she was 24 year old mini hippo with a face on her like a baboons testicle sack you might not be so keen!! :p

The other thing that people must remember is that jurors must only convict if it is proven beyond reasonable doubt. They can still think he did it, but if there is reasonable doubt they must come to the conclusion of not guilty.

This is exactly what I was thinking. The story with the way she pulled him onto her gives that reasonable doubt.

Whether it is true or not.

Caporegime
OP
If you look, you'll find that his claim is that his penis was never inside her at all.

His claim seems unlikely (though not impossible) to me. My guess would be that the jury decided that they couldn't be sure he was guilty, so they (correctly, as that's how our legal system is supposed to work) returned a not guilty verdict.

yup it has essentially come down to a he said/she said case... though the story that he'd got some semen on his hands and then that she grabbed his hand and that semen ended up inside her etc.. is rather less believable than the idea it got there because he stuck his penis in her

Caporegime
This is the kind of attitude which is probably a lot to do with the jurys decision on a lot of these cases... not so much whether they believe the accused's story, but whether they believe it was somehow her own fault anyway.

Rape is illegal, no matter what she was wearing , who she was with, or where she was.

Rape is illegal. You've got to prove beyond reasonable doubt that it wasn't consented to first though.
Put her in his bedroom, naked, with him, in bed and through choice it becomes pretty hard to convince someone you aren't there for sex.

Soldato
"Ehsan Abdulaziz Saudi millionaire"

it's obvious what happened here

Could be one of three things.

She liked him, didn't know he was banging her mate, screwed him, then found out and had a paddy, because we all know women are capable of such things.

She was after money and is playing the rape card for financial gain.

He's gotten away with it because he's rich and has paid off the right people..

Associate
Will this now mean there will be a load of cases of accidental rape using this case as a example in court?

(I'm not great with law)

Associate
Rape is illegal. You've got to prove beyond reasonable doubt that it wasn't consented to first though.
Put her in his bedroom, naked, with him, in bed and through choice it becomes pretty hard to convince someone you aren't there for sex.

So if someone is naked in bed with someone else they don't need consent?

Caporegime
Of course you do, however convincing a jury beyond all reasonable doubt that you didn't give consent when you've already willingly stripped off and got in bed with someone is going to be difficult.

Exactly. Cyanide gets it perfectly. Shame your understanding is on a somewhat different level there noodle.

Back
Top Bottom