Motorsport Off Topic Thread

Soldato
Why should you be allowed to post out-and-out trash and get away with it because the people who would call you out on it have you on their ignore list?

Keep posting crap, and I'll call you out on it. See how simple that is?

You have your opinion and your entitled to it, the same as me. What's crap to you may not to be to others. Or are you a bully hmm I think so.

To save all the bother your on my ignore list. Bye and have fun

Caporegime
The problem with a threat is that if you use it too often and don't follow through with it then it becomes empty. It's all a ruse to get the engine prices reduced anyway. As soon as that happens any and all plans for this 'non-affiliated' engine will be quietly dropped.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
You have your opinion and your entitled to it, the same as me. What's crap to you may not to be to others. Or are you a bully hmm I think so.

Riiiiiight.

If you feel that me asking you to admit when you've posted something that isn't true is 'bullying' then it's perhaps time for you to remove yourself from these threads until you've learned how conversations work. Remember - your posts about MotoGP, Moto2 and Moto3 lap records were presented as fact not opinion. Opinion is one thing, posting something blatantly untrue and then bulldozing through any and all attempts at correction (at least once by claiming that I was bending your words, interesting given that I was directly quoting your posts!) is a different story.

By the way, I want you to know just how much I had to hold my temper in check at you calling me a bully. Because I really, really did have to. Not cool
icon13.gif

Soldato
The problem with a threat is that if you use it too often and don't follow through with it then it becomes empty. It's all a ruse to get the engine prices reduced anyway. As soon as that happens any and all plans for this 'non-affiliated' engine will be quietly dropped.

Very true. I think they should do it behind closed doors as it's not helping F1.

smr

smr

Soldato
http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/...article?blocktitle=Top-Stories&contentID=2298
The BBC is to back out of its Formula 1 coverage three years early, with ITV poised to pick up free-to-air rights from next season.

Broadcast understands ITV is ready to swoop for the motorsport in a deal that will allow the commercial broadcaster to follow Lewis Hamilton’s title defence from the first race in Australia on 20 March 2016.

NNNNghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

SO glad I have Sky Sports :D

Soldato
Didn't ITV used to whack adverts in during the race? God dammit, I literally only have sky because of F1 but its sooo expensive. How do you guys watch it? Is it possible to take a different legal route to still get Sky Sports F1?

Soldato
Didn't ITV used to whack adverts in during the race? God dammit, I literally only have sky because of F1 but its sooo expensive. How do you guys watch it? Is it possible to take a different legal route to still get Sky Sports F1?

ITV has a history of sticking ads on at just the wrong moment in its sports programmes. This is bad news. :mad: Luckily I can still watch it on sky go even though I don't rate there program. :)

You can buy a sports weekend pass on Now TV, no idea how much it costs.

Caporegime
This is bad news for Sky viewers. The only reason Sky doesn't have ads is because BBC don't. If ITV put ads in the race you can guarantee Sky will want to do it too.

Soldato
This is bad news for Sky viewers. The only reason Sky doesn't have ads is because BBC don't. If ITV put ads in the race you can guarantee Sky will want to do it too.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I remember someone from here (I'm sure it was you) being adamant Sky would have adverts before they had shown even a single race when their deal was announced. Then after that didn't happen, it became they would show adverts in the second season etc. etc...

Personally, I don't see it.

Caporegime
Skys coverage isn't advert free. It was in the first year, but it isn't any more.

They never show an advert when BBC also have a broadcast running. But for the races the BBC don't have live there are adverts right up to the start of the race, and in between the sessions in qualifying. When the BBC have a 1 hour build up and Sky have a 90 minute one, the first half hour of the Sky show will have loads of ad breaks in it.

Sky's advertising policy is shaped around their rival broadcasters coverage.

Soldato
If Sky put adverts during the F1 race, then would any of you think twice about continuing the subscription?
It's hilarious to see how much adverts are shown on Sky, and people can be paying £80 a month to watch them... Paying to be advertised to, when you're already watching some mobile billboards, follow each other closely round a track. No thanks!

Soldato
I'd quit Sky completely.

I like how the ITV F1 themes progressively got worse as time went on. They made some big deal of the original Jamiroquai one then dumped it very quickly for the Apollo 440 one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom