San Diego Must do's?

Associate
I've been given the opportunity to go over to San Diego for a week with work in February, although I have a pretty crammed itinerary I do have a couple of free afternoons that I would like to take advantage of. What, or where should I go? I dont have a car so would need to be within a cab or short train ride.
Thanks

Permabanned
Hire bike, ride down to old town, have a giant margarita and some mexican food, ride back around the bay/dock bit. See the big ship thing.
Sea World is ok.
Bar crawl round the gas lamp district.
Visit the brazilian grill place for food, epic meat.

Soldato
hire a jet ski and go around the bay. its expensive - but so awesome to do.

There's the top gun bar as well near the waterfront. dont eat there - the food is horrid, but have a beer at the bar as it's quite cool.

The zoo is pretty good, but IMO a bit overrated.

The aircraft carrier (The Midway) is cool, but be prepared for some patriotism in force!

Fantastic places to eat - go to old town for some mexican food.

Happy head massage parlour (yep, thats its name!) give great massages.

Associate
OP
hire a jet ski and go around the bay. its expensive - but so awesome to do.

There's the top gun bar as well near the waterfront. dont eat there - the food is horrid, but have a beer at the bar as it's quite cool.

The zoo is pretty good, but IMO a bit overrated.

The aircraft carrier (The Midway) is cool, but be prepared for some patriotism in force!

Fantastic places to eat - go to old town for some mexican food.

Happy head massage parlour (yep, thats its name!) give great massages.

Oooh Jet skiing around the bay sounds good! I've got the aircraft carrier earmarked. Not really my thing but might as well see it as it looks very close to where I am staying.
I'd go to the zoo if the wife and kids were with me! but not when I have a bit of ME time!! :)
Massage sounds cool too :p

Associate
OP
Basketball/football game?

Just looked at baseball as the padres stadium is next to the hotel i'm staying in. But doesnt look like the season starts until April! hehe. I'm there a week before they have the motocross there on the 13th.
Good suggestion though I'd be well up for basketball

Associate
OP
I didn't drink much there. The experience is worth the $10. Really, you don't need to drink much, its just nice to meet random people and spend an hour or so wandering about :)

ahh i see. Cool will bare that in mind. We actually have a hospitality night at Wave House Beach Club, which I think is on Mission Beach? Would be nice to tie the 2 together. :)

Soldato
Just looked at baseball as the padres stadium is next to the hotel i'm staying in. But doesnt look like the season starts until April! hehe. I'm there a week before they have the motocross there on the 13th.
Good suggestion though I'd be well up for basketball

The football season is on at the moment. Maybe the Chargers have a home game while you're there? Ticket exchange websites usually have plenty of tickets.

College games are pretty wild too if you're there on a Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom