US: Fargo

Soldato
Sort of thought the same. I thought Mick was just gonna go mental in his new office and start shooting up the place.

As for the UFO? WTF there was no explanation at all, it was just glossed over. I initially thought it was him seeing the lights as he was dying but then everyone else reacted to it as well.

Really enjoyed the series overall though, it was great.

Sums it up. A beautiful rendering of conclusion from a tall tale. Gimme S3 :D

Associate
For me that was a very odd final episode.

So in her vision, her daughter was the policewoman we saw in S1? Do the timelines match up? Or was it just a random vision of the future?

S1 (apart perhaps from the vision) had nothing to do with S2, but are we expecting S3 to follow on from S2 as we have no idea what happens to the Indian or MM?

Yes her daughter is the woman cop from S1, her husband being the guy running the café place in S1 also. Was expecting him to get shot in the leg throughout the whole thing to explain his limp.

Also what actually happened to Hanzis face?? Did I miss that entirely. I watched Ep9 and 10 one day apart and don't remember any part with his face getting burned...

Associate
When Hanzee was sitting in the baseball stadium seats, with the discussion of his face getting restructured, I was on tenterhooks thinking he would end up as Lorne Malvo!

It made sense he didn't though since he was in the wife's vision of the future with grey hair. I guess he will be back for S3. Interested to see what they do with Mick Milligan too.

As for the ufo, I really didn't care too much about the lack of explanation. It was a bit leftfield but did not detract from the overall mood and suspense of the series. Every other plot line was more important than that. Massive credit to the writers, actors and director for being able to turn something so seemingly important into a minor event.

Hanzee was the boss of the Fargo mob after his facial reconstruction, he got killed by Malvo in season one so unless season 3 is inbetween we won't see him again- the two kids on the baseball field at the end were Mr Wrench and Mr Numbers.

Caporegime
For me that was a very odd final episode.

So in her vision, her daughter was the policewoman we saw in S1? Do the timelines match up? Or was it just a random vision of the future?

S1 (apart perhaps from the vision) had nothing to do with S2, but are we expecting S3 to follow on from S2 as we have no idea what happens to the Indian or MM?

Did you not watch any of season 1 or 2 at all?

:confused:

It is quite clear the young girl is Molly (the cop from season 1) and you can only surely miss that if you are asleep.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I made zero connection from season 1 to 2 in the last episode, just thought wtf is going on instead.

Guess would have to be a true fan of fargo to appreciate the last episode, no idea how people can recall season 1 let alone the last episode of season 2 !

Surely 'based on true events' is obviously stretched to beyond, this ain't game of thrones, they should have just ended it with that last episode with the ufo lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Did you not watch any of season 1 or 2 at all?

:confused:

It is quite clear the young girl is Molly (the cop from season 1) and you can only surely miss that if you are asleep.

Apparently not. Where were the indications before this last episode?

Honestly, even now I really struggle to remember any characters from S1 without looking them up... how I was supposed to know that until they show us, I don't know. Not that it mattered at all.

Soldato
Apparently not. Where were the indications before this last episode?

Honestly, even now I really struggle to remember any characters from S1 without looking them up... how I was supposed to know that until they show us, I don't know. Not that it mattered at all.

They all have the same names? (Forenames and surnames).

I watched season 1 again fairly recently so it was obvious to me, if you haven't seen it in years maybe it wouldn't be as clear but it is obvious it takes place in the same town so the stories would be linked.

I liked season 2. The UFO was pretty WTF and I'm not sure it was needed, it was just a dues ex machina so the couple could escape really.

Season 1 tops it by quite a way for me but it was still very good.

One

One

Soldato
Just starting watching this, does it have anything to do with the 96 film Fargo, if so will watching that ruin this series?

There's a very very tiny link but it's pretty much standalone. It's the same 'universe' if you will, but you could watch the TV show and then watch the film or watch the film and then the TV show with no ill consequences.

Soldato
Please don't read the rest of my post if you have not watched the latest series already.

I like the fact that they UFOs appearances are unexplained - I think they appear any time there is a mass murder, possibly to study our race/their project. Also, the aliens are pretty much responsible for the whole series, had they not appeared at the start the RTA wouldn't have taken place and, at the end, The Butcher wouldn't have been able escape.

I did make the link between S1 and S2 to an extent but not as far as Hanzee is concerned. On that note, his killing spree has to be one of the best/worst I've seen in a TV show/film, he just kinda went all nuts without any emotion! Also, I watched a bit of the last episode again (FYI his face was burnt in the big shootout scene at the end, by the crazy lady whilst he was distracted by the aliens) and it looks like he purposely tried to wound The Butcher rather than kill him in a single shot.

I preferred S1 but S2 had some pretty decent scenes, the finale being pretty intense and Mike Milligan generally being particularly great throughout (best character by far). I found the killing of the daughter a bit sad and traumatic.

Edit - I just remembered the basement scene when crazy lady starts having visions :eek:

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Finished first season. It was so well set out written and finished. One of the best I have seen in a while. The cast was incredible.

Back
Top Bottom