***ArmA 3 Thread***

Soldato
Any server admins around please?

I have a mission with its dependencies I want to run a dedi server. .pbo, .sqf, .ext files etc

Do I place all of these into the MPMissions folder or do I create a sub folder in the MPMissions folder?

Also, how do I specify the mission in the server config?

Many thanks.

All the files should be packed into the .pbo and should be called missionName.Altis or missionName.Stratis or whatever terrain you are using.

Drop the .pbo in the MP mission folder.

To make the mission load automatically when the server starts you need to edit the server.cfg. Specifically this part:

Code:
// MISSIONS CYCLE
class Missions
{
	class Mission1
	{
		template="MyMission.Altis";
		difficulty="Regular";
	};
};

Rename the
Code:
template="MyMission.Altis";
to whatever the .pbo is called and then choose what difficulty you want by changing
Code:
difficulty="Regular";
You can use "Recruit", "Regular", "Veteran" or "Mercenary".

// "Recruit", "Regular", "Veteran", "Mercenary"

bJN

bJN

Soldato
If you want things a little more casual to start with, look for public servers with the Invade & Annex missions or Capture-The-Island (CTI) game mode. You could also look for any servers running with ALiVE which adds more dynamic missions with some great AI incorporation!

Soldato
fancied trying the BR mod, done it throught he workshop as it said to on the website but when i click to join a server arma 3 loads up and just takes me to the main menu?

Soldato
About to purchase a replacement for my 6970 2GB and am wondering if "bang for buck" is a factor, would Arma 3 utilise a 390x to give a worthwhile advantage over a 390?

Thanks.

I'd think not bud, Arma 3 isn't heavy on the GPU at all really, all it asks for is as fast as you can get cores, unfortunately not that many either.

A 390 would be plenty, as an example, After upgrading to CF Fury X, my FPS didn't change one bit in Arma.

If you can of course happily afford the 390X, by all means do, get the fastest single card you can afford.

Associate
I've never massively enjoyed ArmA 3, always found it quite clunky, but I've started playing the battle royale mod recently, absolutely loving it! Some of the best shootouts I've had :D

Associate
Had a long break from Arma, used to play Operation Flashpoint back in the day and a bit of Arma 2. Never really delved into Arma 3.

However, jumped on a 60 player co-op server last night and wow. Forgot how great being a part of a massive coordinated co-op experience is. The 77th JSOC guys are awesome to play with.

One hilarious moment occurred though. We'd finished up after 40 mins or so of very well executed combat against the AI. Took a hill and our squad leader asked us to line up for a pic. We all stood there and he yelled "OMG MOVE" on the mic. No-one really understood why until we looked to our left side. An enemy jet had shot our inbound evac chopper out of the sky and it was free falling right toward us! We scrambled and just managed to avoid the blast.

Back
Top Bottom