*** The Official Bloodborne Thread ***

Caporegime
Finally plat'ed this, fantastic game.

Not sure I fancy playing the DLC, i'm in NG+++ and by all accounts it's incredibly hard at this level. Don't really fancy starting again either :p

Soldato
OP
Finally plat'ed this, fantastic game.

Not sure I fancy playing the DLC, i'm in NG+++ and by all accounts it's incredibly hard at this level. Don't really fancy starting again either :p

Congrats, im glad i had a big break between getting the plat and the dlc coming out! I made a new char for it and got to the final main game boss before attempting the dlc around level 65, ng+++ would be insane :D

Soldato
I'm just getting stuck into my NG+ playthrough now, had worried after such a lengthy break I would struggle but everything has come back pretty quickly. I had major problems with BSB on my 1st playthrough but got it on my 2nd attempt this time, Logarius was another boss who gave me nightmares so I hope for similar success against him. Can't wait to play the DLC.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Yeah it took about an hour to get back into it and refresh that muscle memory. I can almost guarantee that you will wish that you were not on NG+ at some point in the DLC. I had trouble with a few areas and you will watch videos/look for advice and realise how much easier it is on NG.

Soldato
This Daughter of the Cosmos boss is freaking BS. It has this charging move that is completely unavoidable in any consistent manner. It simply hits you sometimes and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm not doing a high vitality build so my strategy revolves a lot on learning how to not get hit and as far as I can tell, there is NO way to reliably avoid this attack.

I've watched videos of other people playing and I swear, everything just comes down to luck sometimes. The boss always uses the easiest attacks to avoid or ones that make it the most vulnerable with these people but I rarely get that kind of luck. It is forever using the most difficult attacks and combinations.

With other bosses that I struggle with, I at least see where I can get them, but this one is just cheesing me to where I've really got no chance. If the charge attack doesn't kill me outright, it at least takes off 80% of my health, meaning I've got to use two heals and that doesn't even fill my health all the way up. I'm quickly running out of heals. And once it gets down to like half health, basically every hit it does it insta-death for me.

Dont really know what to do. This is pretty annoying, to be honest.

Caporegime
Congrats, im glad i had a big break between getting the plat and the dlc coming out! I made a new char for it and got to the final main game boss before attempting the dlc around level 65, ng+++ would be insane :D

Thanks! I'm considering starting a new character to play the DLC on NG.... might go a pure arcane build, something different.

Soldato
Yup, another 20 or so tries on the Daughter of the Cosmos boss and some 250+ blood vials down and I'm convinced this is the worst, most BS, cheesiest boss in Souls history. It's so bad I'm regretting naming the game as high as I did on my GOTY list. It is just pure BS.

Now if I want to keep trying I have to go farm echoes/vials for 30+ minutes or more.

I think I might just call it a day and be done with the game. Cant be bothered with this sort of nonsense.

Soldato
I wont actually quit, I'm just having a bit of a temper tantrum about it.

Seems like most players throw tons of points into their vitality, so they just suck up hits and since blood vials heal on a %, they get a pretty big amount back using them. While I have quite low life and each hit from the boss, if it doesn't actually kill me outright, takes a couple vials to get back the lost health.

My build is not suited for this fight whatsoever. I need to be perfect and I cant figure it out. I've done it with other super tough bosses. I did a relatively low health run in Dark Souls 2 and beat Fume Knight solo with no shield melee-only, but it took me quite a while to learn all his attacks properly to get one of those near perfect runs. My problem here is that the charge attack from the boss doesn't seem reliably avoidable. It's just cheesy and I cant afford to keep getting hit like that. Sucks away my vials like crazy.

Like seriously, I cant go and do anything now unless I go an farm for vials for a while because I used up over 250 of them and have zero left. *That* is annoying. You shouldn't be made to farm in these games ever.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wont actually quit, I'm just having a bit of a temper tantrum about it.

Seems like most players throw tons of points into their vitality, so they just suck up hits and since blood vials heal on a %, they get a pretty big amount back using them. While I have quite low life and each hit from the boss, if it doesn't actually kill me outright, takes a couple vials to get back the lost health.

My build is not suited for this fight whatsoever. I need to be perfect and I cant figure it out. I've done it with other super tough bosses. I did a relatively low health run in Dark Souls 2 and beat Fume Knight solo with no shield melee-only, but it took me quite a while to learn all his attacks properly to get one of those near perfect runs. My problem here is that the charge attack from the boss doesn't seem reliably avoidable. It's just cheesy and I cant afford to keep getting hit like that. Sucks away my vials like crazy.

Like seriously, I cant go and do anything now unless I go an farm for vials for a while because I used up over 250 of them and have zero left. *That* is annoying. You shouldn't be made to farm in these games ever.

Everybody has 1 or 2 bosses in Bloodborne that give them fits, it really does seem to vary from person to person. Mine in particular were Blood Starved Beast and Martyr Logarius, yours seems to be Ebrietas.

Strategy(Spoiler tags for those who haven't met her yet):
I didn't have much trouble with this boss think it took me 2 or 3 attempts. The key is to stay really close to her and that almost completely takes her long charging attack out of the equation. Ebrietas has a tail which is split in 2, if you can move yourself right into the point where her tail begins to separate this is kind of a blind spot for her there is very little she can do to damage you in there. She is constantly turning and moving away so you'll need to spend a fair amount of time rolling to get back into position so hopefully you have a decent amount of endurance.

If she turns and you find yourself right under her but she's facing you now, get out of there her frontal attacks are really nasty. Likewise if she backs off (particularly in stage 2) move your arse and try to get back into position unless she starts to summon her meteor shower in which case it's time to start rolling/sprinting then go for position again once that attack has ended.

One thing to remember is once she's in phase 2 and you're in that spot, her radiation cloud will constantly damage you. You should be getting a decent amount of regain from the damage you're doing but if you lose position just back off and take a vial, keep an eye on your health.

Edit - ONE MORE THING! Her meteor shower attack can be difficult to see when you're behind like that so look out for a shining light or if she's standing still for an abnormal amount of time.

I focused a lot on health/endurance in my 1st playthrough so I don't know if this strat will help you as much but give it a try, it almost completely removes her charge attack from the fight which is what you seem to be having the most problems with.

Soldato
Finally killed the DLC end boss last week. I was playing through it on NG++++ at Level 180 and it was super hard. Had it close a few times but couldn't quite finish it off.

Then I pulled my PS4 off the shelf after forgetting the controller USB was plugged in and smashed it. (wasn't raging or anything, just turned around to grab something...so dumb) Bought a new one and the only Save data I had was just in NG+.
Blasted through the entire DLC in 2-3 hours and beat the end boss 1st try with ease.

It seemed to make a huge difference - basically I could survive 3 hits instead of 2 which in this type of game completely changes the fight.

Soldato
I also had a super hard time with her

If you dont mind watching some helpful guides then ENB has some good info on her in this video.

I've watched like 10 different videos of people killing her. Not helping at all. They're all getting lucky or can tank hits that I cant. There is one person who seems to have mastered dodging her moves, but I cant seem to replicate it as it requires incredibly precise timing.

Everybody has 1 or 2 bosses in Bloodborne that give them fits, it really does seem to vary from person to person. Mine in particular were Blood Starved Beast and Martyr Logarius, yours seems to be Ebrietas.

Strategy(Spoiler tags for those who haven't met her yet):
I didn't have much trouble with this boss think it took me 2 or 3 attempts. The key is to stay really close to her and that almost completely takes her long charging attack out of the equation. Ebrietas has a tail which is split in 2, if you can move yourself right into the point where her tail begins to separate this is kind of a blind spot for her there is very little she can do to damage you in there. She is constantly turning and moving away so you'll need to spend a fair amount of time rolling to get back into position so hopefully you have a decent amount of endurance.

If she turns and you find yourself right under her but she's facing you now, get out of there her frontal attacks are really nasty. Likewise if she backs off (particularly in stage 2) move your arse and try to get back into position unless she starts to summon her meteor shower in which case it's time to start rolling/sprinting then go for position again once that attack has ended.

One thing to remember is once she's in phase 2 and you're in that spot, her radiation cloud will constantly damage you. You should be getting a decent amount of regain from the damage you're doing but if you lose position just back off and take a vial, keep an eye on your health.

Edit - ONE MORE THING! Her meteor shower attack can be difficult to see when you're behind like that so look out for a shining light or if she's standing still for an abnormal amount of time.

I focused a lot on health/endurance in my 1st playthrough so I don't know if this strat will help you as much but give it a try, it almost completely removes her charge attack from the fight which is what you seem to be having the most problems with.
Thanks for that. And yea, I've tried the whole 'get to the side/back' of her strategy and it hasn't worked for me. She spins really fast and when I'm that close I cant see her attacks coming to dodge them. I get hit too much and run out of vials very quickly if I even manage a chance to heal before dying.

Soldato
Yeah it's just going to be tough with low vitality I'm afraid cause there's a lot of little scrambles during boss fights where the boss might graze you and for a character like mine it's not a big deal I can shrug it off but it seems like any stray hit can put your hunter in trouble =(

I would give it another few goes but if it's getting to the point where you're thinking of giving up I would consider 2 options:

1: Go and farm blood echoes, level yourself up a bit. Yahar'gul Village is a good place for this, if it's still night during your game the giant hogs are a good source of blood echoes. If it's blood moon, the cramped casket creatures are also a great source of echoes. Just head out into the main street, clear it then reload the area and repeat.

2: Maybe try summoning help? I know a lot of people want to be to do things themselves but if you're getting majorly frustrated I don't think there's anything wrong with calling for help.

Back
Top Bottom