Banks Tomorrow

Soldato
Banks open on Boxing Day? Ha they hardly open on Saturday's, and when they do it's something stupid like 9.30am-12noon.

In my opinion I think it is a bit selfish expecting people to work at Christmas when they are not in the business of saving lives.

Soldato
on Christmas eve the ques for the banks at 9am were unreal, it was a little worrying that somehow they couldn't work a cashpoint, or online banking etc...

reading this makes it worse, i mean sure i suppose sometimes you just need a bank but they are going to be closed no longer than a weekend?

Soldato
Cash machine at the sub post office at the end of my road has been "out of service" since christmas eve afternoon. I wouldn't care but it's a very popular machine. You would think people didn't know how to pay using a debit card.

Funny watching folk pull up in their cars and spedding off again. :D

Soldato
Only times I've had to visit a bank over last few years is to open a student account and odd occasion when I had to put cash into my account. Even then I would just use the machine to do so, wish they would have them outside to be fair so could use them even when banks are closed.

Associate
OP
In my opinion I think it is a bit selfish expecting people to work at Christmas when they are not in the business of saving lives.

I'm not bothered if they're not open, I'd just like to go tomorrow. Not selfish at all.

reading this makes it worse, i mean sure i suppose sometimes you just need a bank but they are going to be closed no longer than a weekend?

I'm not in a rush, just would like to go in tomorrow. Can wait till after new years for all I care.

Only times I've had to visit a bank over last few years is to open a student account and odd occasion when I had to put cash into my account. Even then I would just use the machine to do so, wish they would have them outside to be fair so could use them even when banks are closed.

Yeah I'm only wanting to put cash in using the machines (that's all I go to the bank to do). Saturdays arent staffed anyway.

Associate
Yeah I'm only wanting to put cash in using the machines (that's all I go to the bank to do). Saturdays arent staffed anyway.

Depending on your bank you can do this at your local post office. Which may have a better chance on being open tomorrow considering that a lot of branches are in shops now where they have a post office till at there counters which is open when the shop is open.

Well I know this because mine is open tomorrow because I am working in it.

Soldato
Shock horror sometimes people need to go into a physical bank. Why should he feel sorry for someone who does?

Seriously? No one enjoys going to a bank. No one has ever woken up one day and said "Yay today I'm going to have lots of fun at HSBC", unless you've just won the lottery :p. Banking is a chore at the end of the day and having to physically go to one is even more so and I feel sorry for anyone who needs to go to one especially on boxing day.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Banks are basically retail now, So wouldn't be surprised if they are horse whipping their staff into work on Boxing Day, Gotta sell those loans and dodgy ppi

Caporegime
Cash machine at the sub post office at the end of my road has been "out of service" since christmas eve afternoon. I wouldn't care but it's a very popular machine. You would think people didn't know how to pay using a debit card.

Funny watching folk pull up in their cars and spedding off again. :D

Bunch of luddites. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom