Steam Personal Info Disclosure 25th Dec 2015

Soldato
clearly says that people have seen others personal details, I don't see why you think this is ok, but I guess pc master race steam fanboys wouldn't :rolleyes:

- Creditcard info and phone numbers are, as required by law, censored and not visible to users

well nothing to really cry about is it, considering most addresses are google-able anyway.

** Removed **

Permabanned
- Creditcard info and phone numbers are, as required by law, censored and not visible to users

well nothing to really cry about is it, considering most addresses are google-able anyway.

** Removed **

names and address should be protected as are personal identifiable information and should be stored as such. You can see phone numbers as proven the reddit stuff, people posting screenies.

you stop being retarded and lobbing around insults, just cos steam got wrecked

Soldato
names and address should be protected as are personal identifiable information and should be stored as such. You can see phone numbers as proven the reddit stuff, people posting screenies.

you stop being retarded and lobbing around insults, just cos steam got wrecked

To be fair you're the one who then started saying they should be fined into bankruptcy, talk about escalating quickly. If we shut down businesses every time there was a breach of data, we'd have very few banks left and some very major online retailers gone.

Frankly I don't ever remember being able to see my password or payment details in un-encrypted form even when in my account anyway.

Soldato
To be fair you're the one who then started saying they should be fined into bankruptcy, talk about escalating quickly. If we shut down businesses every time there was a breach of data, we'd have very few banks left and some very major online retailers gone.

Frankly I don't ever remember being able to see my password or payment details in un-encrypted form even when in my account anyway.

that's him in a nutshell, almost like too much coffee and too much alex jones :p

Permabanned
A clinic recently received a fine of £350 for disclosing the HIV status of 950 patients.

The punishments for these types of breaches are pathetic.

Caporegime

tis usually a six figure fine in the UK for mass breaches so unlikely to bankrupt anyone the size of valve

Soldato
Don't think any of my steam details are legit anyway. The only thing they'll pull from my account would be 62p steam wallet and a single use email.

Caporegime
nothing to worry about :confused:

they just exposed everyones personal details and account history to randoms

hopefully the EU/ICO will fine them into bankruptcy for this!

Its taken them long enough to respond and they still haven't taken their servers down :rolleyes:

Pathetic and hilarious at the same time :o.

Anyway, Steam is back to 'normal' :).

Associate
A clinic recently received a fine of £350 for disclosing the HIV status of 950 patients.

The punishments for these types of breaches are pathetic.

When GDPR comes into force it is setting maximum fines up to 5% of worldwide turnover, so things could get interesting. Whether any company is hit with such a fine though is a different matter.

Commissario
I love the way people are saying it "took too long" and where saying it within minutes of it happening.

From what I can tell it took them under an hour to pull the systems from the first reports I've seen online (the first reddit comment seems to be from about 8pm uk time).
Which given the day it happened on, and the likely permissions to pull the system offline would probably be a reasonable time frame allowing for the fact that it has to be reported/noted, staff would likely have to eitther get multiple independent reports of see it themselves then make the decision to pull it.
I suspect the front line support staff don't get to decide to pull the servers offline, and the staff that do wouldn't necessarily be in to do it straight away (I bet a few Christmas meals got interrupted).

Caporegime
I love the way people are saying it "took too long" and where saying it within minutes of it happening.

From what I can tell it took them under an hour to pull the systems from the first reports I've seen online (the first reddit comment seems to be from about 8pm uk time).
Which given the day it happened on, and the likely permissions to pull the system offline would probably be a reasonable time frame allowing for the fact that it has to be reported/noted, staff would likely have to eitther get multiple independent reports of see it themselves then make the decision to pull it.
I suspect the front line support staff don't get to decide to pull the servers offline, and the staff that do wouldn't necessarily be in to do it straight away (I bet a few Christmas meals got interrupted).

SHUT UP, THEY SHOULD BE FINED SO HARD THEY ARE FORCED TO CLOSE AND ALL HOPE OF HALF LIFE 3 WILL BE GONE.

Back
Top Bottom