Steam Personal Info Disclosure 25th Dec 2015

Soldato
I love the way people are saying it "took too long" and where saying it within minutes of it happening.

From what I can tell it took them under an hour to pull the systems from the first reports I've seen online (the first reddit comment seems to be from about 8pm uk time).
Which given the day it happened on, and the likely permissions to pull the system offline would probably be a reasonable time frame allowing for the fact that it has to be reported/noted, staff would likely have to eitther get multiple independent reports of see it themselves then make the decision to pull it.
I suspect the front line support staff don't get to decide to pull the servers offline, and the staff that do wouldn't necessarily be in to do it straight away (I bet a few Christmas meals got interrupted).

+1

Hell of a response for Christmas day.

Just sucks to be the guy who was just getting up, getting ready for breakfast in his PJs and Christmas jumper... when the mobile rang.

Soldato
nothing to worry about :confused:

they just exposed everyones personal details and account history to randoms

hopefully the EU/ICO will fine them into bankruptcy for this!

Its taken them long enough to respond and they still haven't taken their servers down :rolleyes:

Always the drama Queen

Soldato
You've obviously never tried to contact steam support

Plus they have terms and conditions that aren't compatible with the law, they are about to get Rodgered by the EU over refunds anyway

-never needed to.

-Still no source for, 'in the world', nonsense.

-'aren't compatible with the law', which court has deemed this so?

-'about to' is not have been.

-'Refunds', nah try again, it's about reselling digital media.

-EU, oh you mean France, and just some poxy consumer association, pity Germany tried the same and Valve won.

You really should check your facts.

Soldato
Caporegime
A clinic recently received a fine of £350 for disclosing the HIV status of 950 patients.

The punishments for these types of breaches are pathetic.

they did no such thing, what happened was the email newsletter, for the HIV group got send out with everyone emails visible rather than hidden.

given anyone could be signed up to the newsletter (its not just for positive people, its for friends, family, partners of suffers etc) and it was just an email its hardly a massive breach.

its a bit like if the McMillan cancer newsletter accidentally did the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom