Religious idiot in park, pushing views onto others

Soldato
Nothing wrong with keeping fit and improving yourself. I'm certainly not a fitness addict but I was in my garage last night lifting weights. Yes it's Christmas but for some people it's better than stuffing yourself full of sugar, fat and alcohol :)

If you're doing serious exercise on Xmas day you have to start asking whether you are exercising to live or living to exercise.

Man of Honour
Just depends what you are used to I suppose... but exercising in the evening on Christmas day is certainly rather unusual and contrary to just about any reality previously imaginable by my human brain :p

Soldato
If you're doing serious exercise on Xmas day you have to start asking whether you are exercising to live or living to exercise.

I was in my garage gym yesterday, doing my regular friday workout. I do it because its fun and I really enjoy it. It relaxes me, puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day. :)

Man of Honour

No, it was the first day I'd exercised in three days. I don't think that's obsessive at all. I could sit there drinking, eating and watching TV or get on with something that will improve my life instead. rather than feeling crap this morning I feel much better for having burned off a few calories :)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Or the walker in question is having a fair old chuckle at some lunatic who went for a run on Christmas day and decided to have some Christmas spirit and crack a good old joke about the lord and running on the day the sweet baby lord Jesus was born (alleged)

But in all fairness going for a run on christmas day is loop as ****.

Soldato
Just curious, what gives religious people the right to meddle in others affairs ? Why do religious people, be it Christians or Muslims, think it's acceptable to push their nonsense onto others ?

My dad was having a jog in the park earlier today, and some Christian nutter who was walking his dog bothered him saying it's disrespectful to be running on a Christmas day :confused:.

Dad obviously told him off like he does with most idiots, but it still boggles the mind, it's nearly 2016, what on earth are these morons thinking they can push their own backwards thinking and some fairy tails from the bible onto others ?

Even though though nothing happened and it's just some idiot who said something stupid, I'm feeling particularly agitated that these types of morons are still around in 2015 in a free country :confused:.

//rant

How do you know he was Christian, or that was a religiously-motivated comment? :confused:

Caporegime
This is your opinion...

The fact you have a belief in the non existence of a deity pretty much makes you the same....

Both relies on a leap of faith.:p

Atheism is not the belief in the non-existence of a deity, it is the non-belief in the existence of a deity.

Atheism is defined by the lack of beleif. Just like I lack the belief that there is a giant pink blowup elephant floating around the Andromeda galaxy. There may or may not be one, there is absolutely zero evidence that such an elephant exists, terror I do.not form a belief on its existence. A theist does believe in it, regardless of the lack of evidrnce, they rely on fate. An agnostic has a definite beleif that it is impossible to know one way or the other, which with our current technology we certainly can't prove the.pink blowup elephant exists but we musntvpe we clue sending a Swarm of space ship there in the future to search for it.

Soldato
Atheism is not the belief in the non-existence of a deity, it is the non-belief in the existence of a deity.

Atheism is defined by the lack of beleif. Just like I lack the belief that there is a giant pink blowup elephant floating around the Andromeda galaxy. There may or may not be one, there is absolutely zero evidence that such an elephant exists, terror I do.not form a belief on its existence. A theist does believe in it, regardless of the lack of evidrnce, they rely on fate. An agnostic has a definite beleif that it is impossible to know one way or the other, which with our current technology we certainly can't prove the.pink blowup elephant exists but we musntvpe we clue sending a Swarm of space ship there in the future to search for it.

put the wine down - you've had enough :D

Permabanned
Don't think running on Xmas day is sad because it upsets god, it's sad because it just show addicted to jogging some people are.

I saw a couple on my way to my family's yesterday, my first though "Jesus, have a day off mate, it ****** Christmas day FFS"

Why? Running is fun plus it's nice to get out

Man of Honour
Just like I lack the belief that there is a giant pink blowup elephant floating around the Andromeda galaxy.

If you lack a belief on that statement you are truly the most indecisive person ever :p

Sounds like you are desperately trying to avoid saying you believe in anything.

It's not always religious idiots, it's idiots in general.

Chuggers.

Forever Living / aloe vera.

TV licensing.

Canvassers.

Other unwanted door-to-door.

Going back to religious nutters... add Jehovah's witnesses to the list!

I don't mind barkers though (someone who tries to attract you to a show), as they target groups of people, not just you.

Soldato

Why? It's just another day, better than sitting on their backside getting fat, which many do regardless if its Christmas or not. Not everyone in the UK celebrates Christmas. Many get on with their lives as normal without following a religion.

Soldato
OP

What, I train every 2 or 3 days, and don't give a **** if it's Christmas or not.

My dad goes for a run every 2 days for an hour, also same thing, why should Christmas matter ?

You're just as bad as the Christian dude. Why does the fact that it's Christmas supposed to mean anything ?

Sports is taking a day off... It relieves stress and makes you feel so much better.

Back
Top Bottom