Any advice on my choice. Please no fanboy comments

Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
Well I ordered a Kuga Titanium X 180PS AWD Powershift last week so I am biased as to which one I would buy :)

Delivery expected end of March not that I am counting the days :D

If you can wait though and are looking at new then maybe wait until the new Ford Edge arrives in the new year, (not sure when though).

Last edited:
Soldato
The Antara is the one car I was always ashamed that we still made. Fortunately it's now out of production. The Mokka, while smaller, is 10x better.

However, you might find a good deal in a 3 year old Antara at the moment, as there's a bunch of ex-Motab cars hitting the market about now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Having just had a look I didn't realise you were just about into the newer Kuga for the money.

If it's big enough I'd buy it on looks alone

Associate
[TW]Fox;28984132 said:
I once had a Chevrolet Captiva as a hire car and it ranks as one of the most terrible cars I have ever driven. Nothing about it was good. Get the Ford.

This. We had one as a pool car at work and it was dreadful in almost all respects. The interior was uncomfortable with very low quality plastics, it was very bad on fuel and just not nice to drive. The only plus side was it seemed to work well in the snow.

Associate
Having driven most mentioned in thread within a couple of weeks of each other I didn't think any were stand out drivers cars, none of them are an enjoyable drive, from a fun perspective, not what they are made to do, the CX5 probably had the edge but only because its engine was the best of the bunch, but it was hardly sporty in anyway :) Kuga is a bit cramped, go and sit in them and drive them, see what you think, then you know whether one is worth the extra of the other. (should be noted I drove the newer Kuga not the one you are looking at, I prefer the styling of the old one to the new one :) )

For me the decision was easy I went for the bargain choice, end of the day I didn't feel the others delivered anything more for the dough, plus this car gets trashed in shopping malls and on the school run and takes us to the snow etc, it's done it all well, course I wasn't buying for me, if it was for me I might have bought something else :D dunno what though for the same money, does the Vauxhall still come with the lifetime warranty, might be worth something to you if you will have the car for sometime.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Don't think they do the lifetime warranty for a second owner sandys. Strangely enough for what you get for the money I was swayed towards the Vauxhall and truthfully may still be. If the decision is based on age alone, for the money it seems the better buy, well specked with sat nav heated seats etc. Wife tends to hold on to cars for a while, not like me who gets fed up after a week:D

Man of Honour
I can't see how it's a better buy, the fact its newer for the money just demonstrates how unliked they are on the used market. You'll lose more on it than you will the Ford or a Mokka.

Associate
Thing is the reason the thread is posted is because the Antara has taken such a hit already so represents a good second hand buy, same for my Captiva, will it loose money, of course, but its already lost the big chunk, mine has lost just over 2k in 2 years since I bought it not bad for a big no name SUV, if such thing actually mattered to me, I'm a serial buyer of 'internet would not touch one of those' as I get wicked value out of them and run them into the ground :D

Associate
OP
this all day long. Its such a fantastic car, great build quality, great looks and good mpg. You should seriously consider this as an option.

Just look at Top Gears review of it to know all you need.

Another contender.

4wd Qashqai? about the same size as a kuga

don't touch a chevvy or a vauxhall, utter rubbish compared to most

Had one before and liked it. Just hard to get in 4WD for the budget

Associate
My best mate has a Kuga and I must say I was well impressed with it when I first saw it. I am not sure what trim level it is but it has a great level of gizmo's, compared to the last ford I owned anyway. I am 6'2" and I find there is plenty room in the rear too, it would get my vote.

Back
Top Bottom