*** Official Fallout 4 - No Spoilers Allowed ***

Associate
Right very new to Fallout and have just got Fallout 4, what do i do with the weapons and armour i dont want? do i store all my junk at my settlement? this game is huge and im a fallout noob!

Associate
Hmm so am I and I think I bough the wrong game. I was hoping for something like s.t.a.l.k.e.r.
This has just been tedious & fairly un-enjoyable so far. I have no interest in crafting or trying to build a town.
Will give it a few more hours then sell if it doesnt get any better.

EDIT - I hate it, without doubt the least fun I have ever had in my life. For sale now.

EDIT 2 - it seems to be drawing me in, still no interest in building or crafting, or understand how vats works, but now i am no longer wandering around in my underpants, unable to run or fast travel as I have too much junk, I'm actaully stating to enjoy it!

Last edited:
Soldato
Right very new to Fallout and have just got Fallout 4, what do i do with the weapons and armour i dont want? do i store all my junk at my settlement? this game is huge and im a fallout noob!

You scrap them or salvage the weapon mods if you want them, or just sell them.

Hmm so am I and I think I bough the wrong game. I was hoping for something like s.t.a.l.k.e.r.
This has just been tedious & fairly un-enjoyable so far. I have no interest in crafting or trying to build a town.
Will give it a few more hours then sell if it doesnt get any better.

You can ignore most of the building parts the game does get better later on, you will get quests to help other settlements and build but you can ignore them.

Soldato
Great game so far.

I'm still on the early stages - doubt I've reach level 20 yet lol.

How do you guys go about taking on the deathclaws? Every now and then I'll spot one in the distance and think **** that. And hot foot it in the other direction lol.

Soldato
First game I've ordered for my new PS4, looking forward to getting stuck into this as I've never played any of the previous ones.

I have not played any of the previous games either. I found the game boring and complicated at first but I stuck to it and now I'm addicted.

Great game so far.

How do you guys go about taking on the deathclaws? Every now and then I'll spot one in the distance and think **** that. And hot foot it in the other direction lol.

I've just hit level 20 and not even started the story yet. If anything attacks me I can't help but destroy in any way I can. I've been in situations where I have died 20+ times until I figure a way to kill it/ them all.

Really need to change Codworth as well. Read you can have the power armoured police guy as a companion further into the game. Did a side quest with him and he's a beast.

Associate
Great game so far.

They look a lot tougher than they are. Run up to them, quickly enter VATS, a few well-placed blasts to their exposed belly will sort them out. I had a lot more trouble with Mirelurks because their weak area is so much smaller and less exposed.

Everything has a weakness. Assaultrons absolutely destroyed me for a while, then I worked out that shooting their arms killed them easily.

Associate
Finished the story with 49 hours on the clock and a good chunk of side missions still to complete. It'd be great to go back and get the rest of the achievements etc, but I'm also tempted to start again as an arrogant nasty character who uses melee to fight. Could be fun :)

Soldato
Started this on Tuesday, really enjoying it. Had forgotten how anxious I get playing Fallout though, never knowing whether to do one thing or the other, then end up sidetracked and doing something else entirely!

Soldato
Is there a way to transfer built things between settlements? I have the local leader and have set up supply lines. However I have upgraded my turrets at one settlement and want to move the not so good ones to another that I am setting up but I cannot see how.

Edit: Is it also to transfer things like purified water? As not all settlements have a river to put purifiers in. I know I could use pumps but seems silly to do so when sanctuary is producing so much purified water.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Guys,

Had the game for a while but couldn't get into it, same with Fallout 3 and Vegas, but played it for a while and starting to get into it, playtime is about 20 hours. The thing I don't get is, what do you gain from building bases? Do you get money, I don't really understand what the point is. Can someone explain?

Cheers,

Blue.

Soldato
Just got a few more levels, 5 terminals to hack and then the dreaded benevolent leader to get platinum

If you make a few industrial water purifiers you can make caps in no time. Purified water will go into your workbench every so often depending on how many purifiers you make and just go do whatever come back every so often grab them and sell them that's what I did.

This sounded easy to me but do you have particular vendors to sell to? Most I found only have a few 100 caps so aren't much use for selling :(

Associate
Is there a way to transfer built things between settlements? I have the local leader and have set up supply lines. However I have upgraded my turrets at one settlement and want to move the not so good ones to another that I am setting up but I cannot see how.

Edit: Is it also to transfer things like purified water? As not all settlements have a river to put purifiers in. I know I could use pumps but seems silly to do so when sanctuary is producing so much purified water.

I think you can move the turrets to another settlement by highlighting them and then storing them in the workshop. Then go to the settlement you want to use it at and go to build a turret. Instead of building a new one it'll take out the one you stored away.

I'm not sure having purified water stored at a settlement (that would otherwise need water pumps) can be used by NPCs or counts towards your available water.

Soldato
60 hours of playtime and it's becoming a real slog now. I think I am quite close to the end but I have lost interest in most of the factions and the combat just isn't good enough to support the set piece battles that it tries to pull off.

The Witcher 3 showed how a sequel can really move things in a different direction but with interesting characters/stories underpinning everything. Fallout 4 just feels like Fallout 3 with a weaker story and some tacked on elements that pad the game out but actually add very little to it.

I'll persevere to the end but it's been a real letdown for me.

Soldato
A couple of people I know who have played previous Fallout's have said this is a bit like Fallout 3.5 rather than taking a new step. Personally, as this is my first Fallout, I am loving it. I am only around 40 hours in and have only gone to Emerald City of the main quest everything else is wandering around (cause I'm a wanderer :D) doing a few side quests.

It does seem sometimes the game is against you though, having an explore the other night I came across a Behemoth and while running around getting shots off I came across 2 synths. I killed the synths and went back to shooting the Behemoth to stumble across some normal mutants and running away from them ran in to 2 Mirelurks and ultimately my death :(

It is fun when it works out the other way though, last night clearing out an open area (around 10 enemies) and a deathclaw came after me. A quick run through the enemies and they all start shooting the deathclaw so the deathclaw went mad and kill half of them before getting killed :D

Associate
Ive had it since release but only recently started playing properly. I got the collecters edition guide to help with base building and it also lists all the weapons in the game etc.

Started building away in sanctuary and I've got a few things on the go. Just need to get more people to move to sanctuary. Read somewhere that you can get a radio tower (or something similar) to broadcast to people that the town needed people so I think I'll build that next.

Also just figured out you can keep the gun mods to put on others so that will help.

Only done the concord mission and the base building ones so far. Mama murphy wants her fix lol so I'm gonna have to go on a drug hunt.

Back
Top Bottom