Man back

Soldato
Following on from the man flu thread, has anyone else managed to stuff their back up over the holiday via some totally non macho activity. In my case, emptying and loading the dishwasher.

Bragging rights for the most pathetic. Go GD, do your worst.

Associate
I'm always doing my back in due to my job. Things that have actually made it "click" though include bending to to pick up a tv remote and getting undressed for a shower. Sucks and im beginning to wonder how much more my employer will put up with :(

Suspended
Me.

We bought new sofas so hired a scissor lift to get the old ones out and new ones in. No problems there at all.

Council weren't able to collect old ones until 14th Jan, so after some measuring I realised they'd fit into the back of our car. I took the single seater to the tip first, came home and popped the first two seater in the car and took that down. No-one there to help so I lifted it above my head and carried it the 15m to the skip. Threw it in, then thought 'Ow!'. Hurt my back between shoulder blades and neck.

Went home for the last one and when I got to the tip there was someone to help. Bloody heavy with two so not sure what I was thinking of lifting it on my own.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Soldato
Not this Christmas, but a couple of years ago I managed to properly knacker my back... By sneezing! I must have been standing in a strange position or something, because my back went *ping* and my knees gave way and i literally couldn't stand up for about 10 mins. Unfortunately my job at the time involved a lot of driving so I had to take a couple of days off (tried to work the following day and was in absolute agony after a couple of miles). Pathetic? Definitely, beat that! :p

Associate
Helping son Build a sponge bob Lego set. Dropped a brick, went to pick it up and the back went twang and I collapsed to the floor. :(

Back
Top Bottom