Soundproof shared walls

Associate
Hi all,

We live in a 1955 Semi-detached house which from what I understand has a single brick shared wall between the two houses. this normally wouldn't be an issue but our neighbors are very loud and now have taken to fighting and arguing late into the night. They are very confrontational and therefore I want to avoid interacting with them.

As I write this they are going at it big time right now. Our kids are kept awake as are we because of this so I've started looking at adding some sound proofing on our side of the wall. I've seen some plasterboard which has a thermal lining (polystyrene backed) which is about 2 inches thick and I was wondering if that might help.

Has anyone had any experience in adding soundproofing to their internal walls?

cheers

rob

Caporegime
Depending on the price of that insulated plasterboard a cheaper option may be two layers of normal plasterboard attached to each other with special glue and to the wall with acoustic channels.

Soldato
last time we spoke to them was when we dropped round a parcel that had been left with us for them. the "women" opened the door, took the package and shut the door again, not so much as a thank you!

Our neighbour did exactly the same to me. So now they get a "you were out" delivery failure card.

I'm also interested in the sound-proofing a wall.
I really don't think people understand just what it's like to have problem neighbours.
If you say anything they'll do it all the more because they know it's ****ing you off

Permabanned
Well if they are arguing just call the police and say there is a nasty domestic going on!

It's not just walls, the sound will get round

Associate
Mr MoonX is right, plus you're going to go to all this expense because someone else is causing the problem? Go have a word, and if it continues get your councils environmental noise team involved.

Associate
OP
So, at 1am on Sunday morning, at my complete wits end, I decide to man up and go around to speak to our neighbors.... 2 hours and a few cold ciders later, noise issue sorted :)

Back
Top Bottom