1 phone line, 2 xbox ones and party issues

Soldato
Hi all,

A mate has just bought his girlfriend an Xbox One for Christmas so they can play together, they've just messaged me asking for help because it's having issues.

They can both go online and play games together, that's fine, but when they both try and join a party to use live chat they get the following issue:

12459764_10207417155803521_931885654_n.jpg

They've spoken to Microsoft and talk talk. The only thing they've been told is the issue is with them being on the same IP address. Talk talk suggested another line into the house.

Anyone any advice on how to sort this or links to guides that may help them get it set up? Trying to avoid me going around to try and fix it purely because I'm feeling lazy :p

Router is a Huawei HG635 Super Router.

Don
What is their NAT type? Strict and moderate presumably?

Make sure UPnP is enabled on their router, that will forward the necessary ports. Make one Xbox have a static IP or reserve on in DHCP and put that in the DMZ then that Xbox will always have an open NAT and the second one moderate.

Associate
same i.p is not the problem in my house there is me,son no1 and son no2 and we all have xbox ones one in my room and the kids have one each in their bedroom we only have one phone line and all three of us can play online at the same time and be in seperate parties.

should we ever encounter a small prob with nat issues then we just turn off all the xboxs reset the router making sure upnp is on then i tuen on my xbox and it assigns it an open nat then the kids turn theirs on in turn and both get assigned moderate . it seems to helps if you have your xboxs in instant on mode as it does not keep resetting the connection when you turn it on.

i prob just have to do a router reset once every 4 or 5 months

Back
Top Bottom