• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
Still getting black screen on windows loading with crimson and windows 10.

Think it's just a compatibility issue with afterburner. I assume afterburner actually resets the clocks when it shuts down and applies voltage and clocks when you boot up.

With Crimson afterburner isn't putting the clocks back to stock when you shutdown so it's booting up with the higher clock speeds but without the higher voltage that is causing the black screens.

Yes you right with that but I had this problem on windows 10 before crimson was out.(beginning of November).Windows 10 is still buggy.

Associate
I have a R9 290 and FO4 still has the "compass bug"... :D

how much time they take to fix it? I don't want to overwrite files... :)

what was the first Crimson release date and what day is today? :D
is it acceptable for a game title like that?

Soldato
Trying to overclock the 380 now and the machine resets itself LMAO. Epic.

Loving Crimson so far.

You not overclocked before? Pushing components too hard can make the sytem restart! It can also crash the GPU driver this happens on both Amd and Nvidia btw. Its just how it is.

Soldato
Got 15.12 running and so far it seems good. In BF4 my PC seems a lot cooler it used to cook me with a 30°C room temperature! I have played around with some fans too and is also running a bit quieter.

Any easy way to see if crossfire is running short of logging with a third party app and checking if both cards are being used? It's one thing to have crossfire enabled but I find it's not always using both cards. That of course could be just me :)

Soldato
Pushing it to far? A bad Overclock can crash the system.

You not overclocked before? Pushing components too hard can make the sytem restart! It can also crash the GPU driver this happens on both Amd and Nvidia btw. Its just how it is.

I have overclocked since I overclocked an LG 80286 from 12 to 16Mhz, oh yeah.

This card has already been to 1150Mhz and been fine. It's now colder weather, and upon applying an overclock from 990 to 1000mhz (10Mhz) it crashes the PC instantly upon applying it whilst still on the desktop (so not actually using it).

It's a software problem, either Crimson or Afterburner. I have noticed that Afterburner is reporting the clocks on the slider as 1425 on the memory but then on the graph it says 1500, so something very odd is going on.

TBH, things haven't seemed 'right' since I upgraded to Crimson. I am tempted to do a fresh install of windows to ensure everything of catalyst is gone.

Soldato
Could anyone help me installing these latest drivers, last driver update i just upgraded to the latest ones and they worked fine, but when i try and install them now from fresh they wont install.

Ive done the usual uninstall with the drivers and AB then ran DDU. When the driver install gets to the part where it flashes black and sets the resolution its just staying black now, i left it for 10 mins just to make sure then reset and tried again two more times with the same result.

Do i need to install the old drivers then upgrade again or there something im missing here?

Soldato
Nvm sussed it, i realised i still had a DVI cable plugged into the back of the card and while it was installing the drivers it was switching the signal to that for some reason. After i unplugged that it sent the signal back to my displays plugged into the display ports.

Associate
I have just realized that rtss interferes with freesync with some games. Couldn't figure out why modern warfare 2 was tearing and I didn't know that the frtc had gone up in the crimson control panel.

Now that I have solved it, modern warfare is so smooth I can't believe what I'm seeing.

Soldato
is there any news on when they are going to fix the core clock bouncing issue?

getting annoyed that I have to use third party software to get it working and then remember to toggle the option on and off when gaming

Soldato
is there any news on when they are going to fix the core clock bouncing issue?

getting annoyed that I have to use third party software to get it working and then remember to toggle the option on and off when gaming

What games are you getting this on?

Do you run an overclock through afterburner or similar?

Soldato
What games are you getting this on?

Do you run an overclock through afterburner or similar?

I don't normally use AB etc but had to install them to make sure the core speeds are correct.

I get this issue in any game I play, Killing floor 2, minecraft, counter strike global offensive and diablo 3.

gpu is ran at stock speeds

Back
Top Bottom