Your dream bike collection/garage?

Soldato
Ok, so it's an utterly boring day at work for me, we're completely dead. So let's play "what's your (realistic) dream bike garage?"

3 bikes would be actually doable for me, 2 in the garage and the commuter sat outside.

Bike number 1 would be a commuter/every day bike:

NC750x - 2016 model. 80-odd mpg, full LED headlight, a perfect commuter bike
Jk5MBH9.jpg

Bike number 2 - weekend/touring bike. Something you can say "sod this, I'm off the to the alps!" on a Friday afternoon, and arrive there 8 hours later feeling fresh as a daisy, and yet can still carve round the alpine roads like the best of them. A 2014 Multistrada pikes peak
WNHcSv3.jpg

or

2016 KTM Superduke GT
EQgWqi4.jpg

Bike number 3 - something for the weekend sir? - Triumph Thruxton R 2016, pure retro awesomeness!
OVuYYvl.jpg

If I had the room/money for another 2 bikes it would be:

Something rare to look at and polish, and possibly go up in value, and maybe even ride now and then - a Honda SP2.
1noueJH.jpg

And a bonkers naked bike, which would have to be the Aprilia Tuono v4 Factory, just for the engine :cool:
O1Lhqea.jpg

The 3 bike garage is doable, I should (fingers crossed) have a multistrada in a year or so, the NC750x would replace my little honda if it ever dies and they're not that expensive. Just the matter of £10k+ for a Thruxton R to find... :p:D

Man of Honour
Yamaha MT-10, Aprilia RSV4, Aprilia Tuono, or Yamaha R1 for the mountains.

Kawasaki ZZR 1200-1400, modded Honda Super Blackbird or BMW K1300S for touring.

I only want 2 bikes at a time, just need to test them all and pick one in each category. Maybe add a winter hack like an SV650 as I do miss my old one.

What's nice it that I will easily be able to have my dream garage as soon as I get a house :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Bike 1 daily use:
Couldnt fault the SV apart from the brakes. Maybe a CBR600F as the brakes are better and you get 50 miles a tank more for an extra litre of fuel

Bike 2:
TLR/SP2/RSV/RSV4 you get the idea

Bike 3:
Blackbird - never owned one (but grew up on the back of one) but it's what I've have to tour on

Bike 4:
Something a little bit special - classic vs carbon fibre. It would have to be a Norton Domiracer. Been lucky enough to have a look around one of these are they are lovely. The sound of the bike is just fantastic as well.

Last edited:
Associate
For me I only really have one dream bike (bike #1) but I'd have the others in there just because.

Bike 1: Ducati 1098R
Only seen the 1098 in a show room and it was gorgeous, I love the white nose that comes with the R version and who wouldn't want more power?
660_1098_RG_31.jpg

Bike 2: BMW S1000R
Because my back won't last forever on a Ducati 1098
image.jpg

Bike 3: Lucy
And I think I'd turn my ZX-6R into a track bike.
Lucy.jpg

Associate
Never thought I'd see an NC700/750 on someone's dream bike list. They're good bikes but they're not usually lusted over.

I think I'd want the following

BMW S1000XR

Looks fun, I think I could use it everyday and this would be my choice for a long tour.

Kawasaki H2

I want something utterly mad and terryfying, can't think of anything that fits the brief quite as well. I'd rarey ever ride it though.

Ducatti Scrambler

I just love the look of it. I assume it'd be loads of fun.

Associate
I'm lucky in that I already own one of my dream bikes (RSV4 Factory) but the other 3 would be:

2015/16 Ducati Panigale R
1290 Superduke
Somekind of supermoto to mess around on.

Associate
Same here, I have my dream bikes S1000RR and 1290R. Just one more and that'll be a resto project, a 2 stroke, possibly a RGV/RS250. Don't have the spare space at the mo to do it, will be moving later on this year and hopefully I will have a workshop to tinker in to do my projects :cool:

Ok proper dream bikes (almost unobtainable)..

YZR500 Replica (Yamaha RD500)

motorbike66041_zpsorisyrmg.jpg

RGV500 Replica (Suzuki RG500)

CIMG9962_zpsunu6v12v.jpg

Although that isn't a replica, that's a genuine 500 GP bike once ridden by my biking legend/hero Kevin Schwantz.

Try buying one of those, not the replicas, the genuine articles :eek:

Associate
to be honest I think that's one of the best things about biking, chances are your (modern) dream bike is affordable to most people at some point in their lives. You cannot say that about cars. My dream car is a Zonda... chances of affording one.... 0.15%. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Never thought I'd see an NC700/750 on someone's dream bike list. They're good bikes but they're not usually lusted over.

True, they're not a 'want' bike but as a reliable, cheap to run commuter, they're perfect. if I didn't ride to work it'd be dropped and replaced with something much sexier, of course :D But as i don't have a car you need some practicality in there :)
to be honest I think that's one of that best thing about biking, chances are your (modern) dream bike is affordable to most people at some point in their lives. You cannot say that about cars. My dream car is a Zonda... chances of affording one.... 0.15%. :D

That high? :p My chances of ever owning a car like that are a flat 0%. Even if I played the lottery, it would increase to 0.00000714 (according to google) :D

Cars are bloody expensive. A base spec Audi A1 is the same price as a top of the line 2015/16 model 1000cc superbike. I know which one I'd rather use to go to work!

Associate
True, they're not a 'want' bike but as a reliable, cheap to run commuter, they're perfect. if I didn't ride to work it'd be dropped and replaced with something much sexier, of course :D But as i don't have a car you need some practicality in there :)

True I've been considering swapping my NC700s for a NC 700/750X as I prefer the adventure styling plus I love the mpg, I don't think I can live without my frunk and finally the thieves don't seem interested. :D

Back
Top Bottom