Poll: One more day and then I'm back in work- You dreading it?

Are you dreading going back to work after Xmas break?

• Yes

Votes: 132 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 102 35.2%
  • Other

Votes: 56 19.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
The office has been closed since 1pm Christmas Eve - luckily don't have to use holidays at this time of year if you want Christmas to New Years off. I chose to book three days holiday before Christmas to get presents completely sorted so I've had nearly two weeks off in total, the longest I've not been at work in five years :)

Not dreading work too much, would prefer to continue lounging around at home getting other stuff done obviously. What I am dreading is February 1st when I've got Jury Service :(

Soldato
Mixture of looking forward to getting back into a routine again (sad as that is) and not looking forward to being away from my son again.

Associate
I got Christmas Day and Boxing day as my only two days off from October to probably February before I can get a single day off during a weekend.

I remember back when I was optimistic and delighted to be accepted for a PhD...

Caporegime
What job is it ?

Data analysis and predictive analysis

Don't really have much support, I'm in a team of 1, so struggle as my degree isn't pure stats at all. I'm good at maths but no genius

Id say my job is now the worst part of my life.
Compared to

Hobbies
Etc

Last edited:
Soldato
I literally cannot wait. As much as I love being with my two boys, some quiet and some time without hearing one of them going off on one is going to be so good. I enjoy my job for the most part anyway which helps.

Soldato
There were lots of lose ends when I left before Christmas and I'm looking at a 12 hour plus day tomorrow. So not exactly looking forward to going back tomorrow...

Soldato
Went to sleep at 3.30am and woke up at 1pm today thinking I would be on nights next week.

its been changed round, on days. 6AM start tomorrow for me.

*sigh*

Man of Honour
I could do with some more time, I need to recharge and I have not managed to do that over Christmas. Will seek sun in February and go away for 2 weeks R&R I think.

I haz 4090!
Don
Nah. Getting up early will be a pain as I've been getting up at around 9:30am for the past fortnight. I've had a good Christmas break and I was in Amsterdam for New Year. I'm ready to go back to work :)

Soldato
It's going to be awful of course, and traffic will be abysmal with everyone heading back and likely diversions because areas near my work flooding. Like many here sleep patterns are a bit off, it's going to be a shock when the alarm goes off tomorrow!

I find it hard to believe anyone genuinely 'enjoys' their job, aspects of it perhaps but surely the fact you have to go there, get up early, commute, can't get decent cheap lunch etc. makes it overall something you'd rather not do? I can quite easily find enough to occupy myself outside of a job tbh, there's never been more to do in the world!

Associate
Well, I got transferred to a different division a week before the Christmas break, in a manner which gave no regard to me as a person. The company really did what was best for themselves which meant just move some people to where there is work, but they did it without consulting those being transferred beyond telling us 1 week beforehand we were being moved.

I've had enough stewing about how hard done by I feel over the last couple of weeks, so I'm looking forward to seeing if this transfer is going to work or if I'm going to have to find a new job.

Man of Honour
I've mixed feelings - been a bit of an odd one this year - more time off than I've had over Christmas for the previous 10 years which is nice but not enough time to really do much outside of the Christmas and New Year events so will be nice to get back to something resembling a routine.

Well, I got transferred to a different division a week before the Christmas break, in a manner which gave no regard to me as a person. The company really did what was best for themselves which meant just move some people to where there is work, but they did it without consulting those being transferred beyond telling us 1 week beforehand we were being moved.

I've had enough stewing about how hard done by I feel over the last couple of weeks, so I'm looking forward to seeing if this transfer is going to work or if I'm going to have to find a new job.

That kind of thing winds me up :S - I can understand that sometimes business needs change and there isn't much the company can do about it while remaining profitable - but its also a lot easier for staff to deal with it with appropriate notice - seems management think it better to hold the information back until the last minute which really doesn't benefit staff especially when you get rumours leaking out which can sound far worse than the reality.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom