Show us your kitty cats

Soldato
???

Aren't you going to look after the poor lil bugger?

No for numerous reasons. I mean we fed him, kept him warm, etc, but a rescue centre is better equipped to tend to any further needs and, most importantly, find his previous owner. We're remaining positive that their previous owner is looking for him and that they didn't just realise they couldn't foot the vet bill and just dumped him instead.

The rescue centre has a new home lined up for him if they have no luck with his old owner anyway. We've already got two cats, we keep them indoors, little David Bowie cat kept crying to go outside and I don't want to do that around these busy roads.

Soldato
Hugo is off to the vet this morning, seems he's got a urinary issue. Keeps going to his litter tray and doing small wee over and over.

Typically he is still being a lunatic so he can't be THAT ill.. :D

Soldato
Hugo is off to the vet this morning, seems he's got a urinary issue. Keeps going to his litter tray and doing small wee over and over.

Typically he is still being a lunatic so he can't be THAT ill.. :D

As above probably cystitis.

But if he is getting frustrated and growling and becomes unable to wee, it could be crystals blocking his Eurethra (needs urgent attention).

Vet will sort him out though :)

Man of Honour
Our cat is prone to urinary issues as well, sometimes brought on by stress. He also overeats if given the chance, so he gets a mix of Royal Canin Urinary & dental for breakfast and wet food for tea.

The Royal Canin seems to be doing wonders for both his teeth and urinary issues but I keep an eye on the colour of his litter and we give him extra water in his wet food if it's too dark.

The vet should be able to sort him out, most likely with something like the Royal Canin wet/dry food i'd imagine.

Soldato
this morning he had an initial reasonable wee (still smaller than normal) but then followed it up 4-5 times with a tiny wee. didnt seem to be straining, no growling/noise but then he isn't a vocal cat anyway.

his appointment was 5 mins ago so should know soon.

Man of Honour
my old cat Jester was on Hills perscription c/d after having struvite crystals,
hopefully your cat wont be diagnosed with that as the food gets quite expensive

Soldato
early signs of cystitis apparently with a slightly inflamed bladder, maybe bought on by stress of the NYE fireworks if he held it in for a bit (he did get pretty anxious from the constant fireworks from sunset all the way through to 1am).

had a steroid and antibiotic, got to take biscuits away for a few days and let him have a few with water mixed occasionally.

Soldato
my old cat Jester was on Hills perscription c/d after having struvite crystals,
hopefully your cat wont be diagnosed with that as the food gets quite expensive

One of ours is on it and it is something like £13 a box for 12 pouches.

We spend a fortune on his food as the biscuits are not any cheaper. He seems to like it though and thankfully he hasnt had any issues since (other than injuries from being a little bugger!) :p

Man of Honour
One of ours is on it and it is something like £13 a box for 12 pouches.

We spend a fortune on his food as the biscuits are not any cheaper. He seems to like it though and thankfully he hasnt had any issues since (other than injuries from being a little bugger!) :p

i actually gave him normal cat food and just gave him the c/d biscuits, that worked fine and kept the cost down
he was on roughly 50/50 normal wet food and c/d biscuits

Back
Top Bottom