Oculus Rift

Soldato
its in the shopping cart btw Make sure your Windows PC is Rift ready!
"Download and run the Rift compatibility tool for Windows to find out."

That utility doesn't factor in overclocked cpu's etc

Apparently my 4.6Ghz i7 3770K isnt up to scratch... LOL

£499 is including VAT. So it's just shipping to add which shouldn't be much at all on top of that.

As for it's price, about what I expected really, and we all know usd translates 1:1 for gbp, I paid ~400 odd for my monitor and 550 for my gfx card so 500 for the rift considering the tech involved seems ok. Although I find it hard to believe that is a "subsidised price" as Oculus said.

Last edited:
Associate
For me, it's just not proven tech which makes me nervous when dropping £500. At least with a 980Ti you know what you're getting.

I think what we have seen already from DK2 and Vive developer kits makes me fairly confident that this will be an amazing experience.

Just ask Gregster how much it makes Elite Dangerous more immersive. Even if it doesn't get necessarily 10x better than that, its enough for me to say that this is proven to work.

Associate
lmao at the people spending 499 + VAT + duties + shipping on a firstgen!

So what would it have cost if FB didnt purchase oculus to be able to increase economies of scale? they are delusional

Soldato
i'm really surprised and disappointed tbh :(

£500 + shipping for me is a bridge too far. Considering the DK2 worked out at £280 inc TAX shipping and handling.

And thats not even including the Oculus touch controllers.

I've tried the DK2 and ive seen reviews/previews of the CV1 (1 guy on frontier forums got his early "engineering sample" consumer version CV1. He has done a mini review of the CV1 in Elite Dangerous)

and the step up in build quality and screen quality/resolution doesn't for me justify the whopping price difference.

Gobsmacked...this is a price i expected the Vive to go for.

Massive own goal by Oculus imo. :(

Soldato
At least mine is dropping in April so the March people can discover all the bugs and should be some patches out to fix, also if poo can cancel.

Also gives me time to sell that kidney :D

Soldato
Thanks for the replies, but thats wayy too much for me. Blast it.

Was looking for forward to it but not at that price..

if you wanna laugh I'd head over to /v/ or /g/ and find the oculus threads.. :D

Associate

So what would it have cost if FB didnt purchase oculus to be able to increase economies of scale? they are delusional

Yeah look at all these people spending their own money on something they want. idiots right.. why are you in this thread? :confused::D:D

Associate
Has anyone got a confirmation email? Not even sure if my order has gone through after all this, also tried to order my brother one but it seems like it has just taken my order. What a mess.

Man of Honour

Depends really upon what people consider has value to them, personally I lmao off at people who spend several thousand on a new car or £120 a month on sky. For the hobby I have and the amount of time I spend gaming with my family, I consider 499 + Vat + Duties to be acceptable. For me at least. Wont be the same for everyone.

Associate
finally Your Oculus Rift is expected to ship in April 2016. We sent an order confirmation email to: [email protected]hed off living room PC, Made a cup Off Tea then went upstairs to main Gaming PC "in profile" then logged in made the purchase;

Your Oculus Rift is expected to ship in April 2016. We sent an order confirmation email to: [email protected] :)

Preserved my spot for the oculus touch as well :)

Back
Top Bottom