Oculus Rift

Soldato
Everyone saying they are now waiting for the Vive, it will be interesting to see what that now goes for. The delay has caused Oculus to show their hand and put out a price. Indicators are the Vive will be more expensive, I just wonder how much more of a margin they can place on it now, with their main competitor has put a $600 price tag on their hardware.

Soldato
Sold out already shipping dates now april lol.

Do they ship from the us or somewhere in the eu?

If its us damn ill wait for a bit as its gonna be customs charges tax and extra shipping when it gets here.

Associate
Super ****ed off.
Was hammering the site since the second it went live and everytime I tried to order it I got "Something went wrong"

Tried multiple browsers, Multiple payment methods.
By the time the site got back in line It was shifted to April.
Majorly disappointing, I'm one of those people that love to get things day 0!

Soldato
Bit to steep for me personally. I'll wait until they are released and what content and reviews are like. Odd really because I didn't think twice when I did the Kickstarter at 300quid or whatever it was but £530 just seems a bit high dunno why lol

Soldato
Everyone saying they are now waiting for the Vive, it will be interesting to see what that now goes for. The delay has caused Oculus to show their hand and put out a price. Indicators are the Vive will be more expensive, I just wonder how much more of a margin they can place on it now, with their main competitor has put a $600 price tag on their hardware.

No two ways about it, Vive will be way more expensive. I said a while back on reddit that I expected it to be around £800, and thats when I thought the Vive would be around £400. I got shouted down by the fanboys, but that is looking mighty optimistic now.

don t forget this as well;

Taxes, Surcharges and Fees: Applicable shipping, taxes and duties will be added to and charged in your payment upon shipment of the unit.

Yeah Im going to have to clarify that as well. That would put it close to £600, and if im that far in I will look at the Vive seriously.

Soldato
I think what we have seen already from DK2 and Vive developer kits makes me fairly confident that this will be an amazing experience.

Just ask Gregster how much it makes Elite Dangerous more immersive. Even if it doesn't get necessarily 10x better than that, its enough for me to say that this is proven to work.

Well seeing as it says May for delivery I've gone and given it a go, gives me chance now to see what early adopters make of it and see if the rivals put their pricing out in the meantime. :)

Soldato
Just bothered to read the confirmation email too, tax is included for us

You'll be charged when your order ships. Tax is included in order total.
Shipping: £30.00
Customs: £0.00
Estimated Total: £529.00

Likely had the bit about tax etc added at shipping due to different tax rates in different states in the US.

Associate
Bit to steep for me personally. I'll wait until they are released and what content and reviews are like. Odd really because I didn't think twice when I did the Kickstarter at 300quid or whatever it was but £530 just seems a bit high dunno why lol

Don't know if £300 kickstarter was enough for the DK but if it was you get free one anyway?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1523379957/oculus-rift-step-into-the-game/posts/1458224

Think i'll hold fire until the reviews, must be getting sensible in my old age :)

Back
Top Bottom