Some scenes from South America

Soldato
OP
I spent Christmas in Valparaiso, and Vina del Mar.

DSC01597.jpg

Not so easy to see, but that abandoned platform is home to the local seals. It was hilarious watching them try to jump up out of the water on it at low tide.

Many colourful buildings are scattered around the hillside overlooking the town.

DSC01606.jpg

But for me, the scenery gets better at night.

DSC01619.jpg

Soldato
OP
You do this for a living?

I would like to, but no not quite. My travel blog doesn't bring me any income it's more a passion project. I'm self employed but it's in publishing in the financial sector.

I spent the past 3-4 years wanting to travel South America and positioning myself and building assets that now allow allow me to 'work' from anywhere with a decent internet connection. For the time being at least.

Soldato
OP
From Valpariso I headed down to Puerto Montt and onto the Carretera Austral. This is my girlfriend waiting for a ferry.

DSC01703.jpg

The route in this remote part of Chile is mostly gravel and rippio.

DSC01952.jpg

but when it's tar, it's very smooth indeed.

DSC01722.jpg

The corrugations were so bad in places that my wing mirror snapped clean off. Closely followed by the shock snapping again. While waiting for a ferry back to Puerto Montt which only runs twice a week, we climbed Chaiten Volcano. It last blew in 2008 destroying the town.

20160103_181325.jpg

DSC01755.jpg

Soldato
OP
Back in mainland Chile, we decided to visit the lake district whilst waiting for a package from Germany.

Puerto Montt is a bit of a hole. Though you can't really tell from this image.

DSC01690.jpg

Lago Llanquihue, and Puerto Varas is where many Chileans holiday. We took the time do some Kayaking. Of course, I take the camera everywhere.

DSC01772.jpg

DSC01780.jpg

Fruitillar is also nice, particularly around sunset.

DSC01807.jpg

Back
Top Bottom