Poll: Oculus Rift - HTC Vive - Have you pre-ordered or not interested?

Have you pre-ordered or not interested?

• I have pre-ordered the Rift

Votes: 77 15.5%
  • I will pre-order the Vive

Votes: 21 4.2%
  • One of the options when prices reduce

Votes: 141 28.4%
  • I am not interested in VR

Votes: 87 17.5%
  • Waiting it out for reviews before deciding

Votes: 171 34.4%

• Total voters
Associate
I'm not an early adopter any more (kids!), but I was going to make an exception for a VR headset.

The release price for the Rift is a little too heavy for what probably isn't going to be the most user friendly or effective release. For approaching £600 I'll wait for the 2nd wave/editions with more support etc to get a bit better value.

Between the two, now I am waiting, it doesn't make sense to pick on or t'other rather wait for some reviews and more importantly, game support!

Soldato
Preordered a rift. Wasn't the easiest of transactions due to the server loads and issues but will see if I get mine in March or may once support clear my issues up. Communications haven't been stellar about timescales to fix preorder issues

Soldato
I'm getting a "free" rift as a backer on kickstarter.... so I don't really fall into any of the poll choices. Looking forward to it :D

That said if I didn't get this "free" one, I would have waited for reviews. That said I'm not really sold on the Vive, I personally dont have the space to have an empty room to use the whole movement thing for it.

Soldato
Was going to get a rift, but £500 a little steep for something I'm realistically not going to use that much. Would have ordered if they were around £300. Hopefully they drop in price.

Plus, it's the first release, so if it does well then there will no doubt be a far better version not too far away.

Soldato
Not convinced by the Vive personally. Don't care for 'room-scale' VR, at least not in the near future, haven't seen much in the way of software, applications and games.

One thing I think they have better than Oculus is their tracking tech, that looks really neat and scalable.

The Rift looks pretty polished otherwise. It's got quite a large back-catalog of stuff, and some exclusives too.

I don't think Oculus will lock the Vive out of their drivers and API though. That'd be a dick move.

Associate
Not at all interested in VR. As a glasses wearer I just imagine it is super uncomfortable and about as annoying as watching 3D movies, which don't seem to work for me and I avoid.

Edit: plus looks like it takes up a lot of space to use... I'm out.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not at all interested in VR. As a glasses wearer I just imagine it is super uncomfortable and about as annoying as watching 3D movies, which don't seem to work for me and I avoid.

Edit: plus looks like it takes up a lot of space to use... I'm out.

Unless you wear massive frames, the Rift, and I assume the Vive, have been designed to accommodate them.

Soldato
Interested and would have pre-ordered the Rift, but got to the party to late and the date is so far out, may as well wait for reviews at this point and further Hive details.

Soldato
Very interested and did infact own a DK2, but the price is a little higher than I expected since I still don't know if it has cured the motion sickness problem.

Will wait to see Vive price and some reviews before dropping any cash.

Soldato
Can't recall ever pre ordering anything, ever.

I will be getting one. Cost isn't any deciding factor, double it id still be buying. Didn't go to see star wars till gone nearly two weeks after it'd been out...That guy!

Course, that's the 40 something me talking, 20 years ago, the only word I knew was, 'want' closely followed by now!

Back
Top Bottom