**** Official LG G4 Discussion Thread ****

Associate
Hmmm, I didn't even bother in store having checked on the website. Might nip into town tomorrow on the off chance.

It was a contract phone, they messed about and changed it over to a pay as you go sell able one, probably why it was out of stock on the website, it cannot hurt to ask in store anyway, it's Metallic Gray too :D

Awesome phone, not used it much yet still need to sort out the sim only side of it not sure who to go with yet.

Associate
It was a contract phone, they messed about and changed it over to a pay as you go sell able one, probably why it was out of stock on the website, it cannot hurt to ask in store anyway, it's Metallic Gray too :D

Awesome phone, not used it much yet still need to sort out the sim only side of it not sure who to go with yet.

I went in yesterday and picked one up in my local store :) Unlocked and updated to marshmallow straight away, enjoying it so far!
Again it said out of stock on the website but it seems you shouldn't be put off by that, worth popping in to check.

Soldato
Got one yesterday - can't say I'm that impressed. The touchscreen sensitivity doesn't seem great, I've put Swiftkey on as I've used it for years and can touch type very fast using it normally, however on the g4 it seemed to be not going so well. I can only assume it wasn't picking up keytouches. The OS seems ok...
I prefer having not on screen buttons though as they take up a fair amount of screen space and some things on screen seem overly large.

Expected more.. but main problem is the typing issue.

Soldato
^^^^ I returned my first one for touchscreen issues. As well as phantom key presses I wan't that impressed with the screen sensitivity being "right".

Prior to exchanging it I did update to MM and did a factory reset.

For me the replacement phone was much better.

Associate
Got mine today, seems pretty good so far. Does not feel like a huge jump from my z2 yet but i hoping performance and battery change that.
Should my phone have come qith the leather back? Just wondering since it had the plastic back when purchased from vodafone.

Soldato
Got mine today, seems pretty good so far. Does not feel like a huge jump from my z2 yet but i hoping performance and battery change that.
Should my phone have come qith the leather back? Just wondering since it had the plastic back when purchased from vodafone.

You have to buy the leather version and when you do you get a gold plastic back in the box, not vice versa

You must have got the black plastic back model?

Soldato
If you download LG Bridge software, you 'should' get the option to upgrade to MM. Its what I did, but my G4 isnt a Vodafone variant. Mine is just an online GBR model now running V20a-EUR-XX.

I dont have any issues with the screen apart from the way the stock screen protector feels. It doesnt bother me too much as I have a glass one to go on, but will wait till the stock one is worn out.

The speed and camera are good step up from my old Z2, and the QHD display is excellent. Very happy customer :)

Mick

Back
Top Bottom