Juicer Recommendation?

Associate
^ The distinction is important.
Do you want carrot juice that would pass through a sieve or not (fiber or not?).

Caporegime
is it not? my bad - just heard the wenches at work describing it as one so thought it was - apologies.

out of curiosity what is it if not a juicer?

'A nutrition extractor' - basically a fancy blender :p

The difference is a blender will leave all the pulp as well as the juice, whereas a juicer will only give you the juice. That's my understanding anyway.

Soldato
'A nutrition extractor' - basically a fancy blender :p

The difference is a blender will leave all the pulp as well as the juice, whereas a juicer will only give you the juice. That's my understanding anyway.

aha I see. consider me educated - thanks :)

edit: now off to rant at the women in the office and show off my new found knowledge :p

Associate
We have a Matstone single auger masticating juicer which is supposed to be the healthiest type due to low heat which would risk killing off the enzymes in the fruit but is a PITA to clean afterwards.

I have since just used my nutribullet and strain out what I don't want with a fine seive and funnel as its so much quicker and easier to clean if you don't mind "pulpy" juice.

Associate
Do you want to make smoothies or extract the juice?

I would forget juicers, none work as good as you hope and they are all a royal pain to clean. I remember when a Jack LaLanne's power juicer was all the craze, I got one, used it twice and got shot of it, more waste than juice...

If you want to make mostly smoothies then what you need is a Bamix power stick.

Soldato
Hurom if you want a masticating juicer

I was yawning when reading this and thought you said something else...

The Ninja BL450 is better then the bullet as it is more powerful and is better at crushing ice.

Be aware with juicers, they waste the pulp which is the healthy fibre. You are then left with all the sugars held in juice and without the fibre you absorb it all very quickly. They are not as healthy as you may think.

Soldato
Aldi have a cold press juicer in at the moment for £40 which is hundreds of quid less than i spent on one a couple of years ago.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
900w Ninja is £60 at Sainsburys. Buy online and use a code to get £18 off.

I've just unpacked mine so no review, but the missus already has one and loves it

Back
Top Bottom