*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Soldato
Hey :). Thinking about getting an XB1 for movies, TV via Plex server. And games not available to the PC or ported badly. Deciding to fit a TV at the end of the bed as currently looking across the room into the monitor is getting annoying while watching TV and movies.

I just wondered how well, easily Plex is to use on the XB1 as this will be its main function and don't want to buy it and be unable to use it. There are a few games not on PC I really like the look of and other games completely broken on the PC, aswell as other games I'd love to play through again. So it will get used for games aswell :D

Thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
I wouldn't use the XB1 for Plex. It's power hungry just playing video. Also you need to spend money on a remote as it gets tiring using a massive controller.

Get a Chromecast or Roku Box.

Last edited:
Soldato
I didn't know those could play XO game as well?

His rationale is a combination of factors.

If the reason was to play XB1 games, then the other stuff was always irrelevant. Even with an XB1, spend the money you would getting a multimedia controller on a Chromecast.

Soldato
Thanks for the replies. I'm set on an XB1 as I still want to be able to play XB1 games :). I don't mind navigating with the controller but I'll certainly look into that multimedia controller aswell.

Power isn't a problem. Got to be better than the 300+w idle my PC currently uses.

Thanks for the help. Just wanted to make sure Plex would well before I went ahead and bought the XB1.

Last edited:
Soldato
I use plex on my X1 regularly and it's absolutely fine. I use a combination of the controller and the Kinect voice commands and I've never had an issue. Not sure what the issue of using a controller is...

Soldato
I use plex on my X1 regularly and it's absolutely fine. I use a combination of the controller and the Kinect voice commands and I've never had an issue. Not sure what the issue of using a controller is...

It isn't really one handed operation, turns off and bulky compared to a remote.

Ergonomically it is far from ideal for multimedia.

Soldato
Associate
Hmm, I need some help please guys.
A couple of days ago I installed a 360 version of 'Portal' that has now become backwards compatible. I had originally purchased this as an 'Arcade' game (i.e. digital download, so no physical disc).
I played this a couple of times a few days ago, but now cannot find it anywhere! It doesn't appear in 'My Games', and it's dropped off my 'recent app' activity on the home screen.
As I don't have (or need) a physical disc to play, how on earth am I supposed to play it?

The help pages are very vague about this, and I'm stumped.

*edit*
And as if by magic, all my 360 games now appear on my 'Games' list. Why did that happen?!

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm tempted to buy an XBONE due to my requirement to own all consoles, even if it makes no sense as all my multi plats will always be on PS4 and I don't like Halo.
I was wondering what hte difference is between Forza X and Horizons? I don't really like sim racers like GT and would prefer something more arcadey.
Also, I cant see where to buy Elite Dangerous from, is it download only?

Associate
I'm tempted to buy an XBONE due to my requirement to own all consoles, even if it makes no sense as all my multi plats will always be on PS4 and I don't like Halo.
I was wondering what hte difference is between Forza X and Horizons? I don't really like sim racers like GT and would prefer something more arcadey.
Also, I cant see where to buy Elite Dangerous from, is it download only?

Horizon is more arcadey than sim, great fun too.
Elite is download only at present.

Back
Top Bottom