** INTRODUCING VERTAGEAR GAMING CHAIRS - OCUK EXCLUSIVE **

Associate
I'm getting confused.
What are the basic differences between the models/and which one is the best for like 195cm/115kg. Can be another brand as well, or is this the best seat brand to choose from ?
It also must have lower back support.

OcUK Staff
OP
I'm getting confused.
What are the basi differences between the models/and which one is the best for like 195cm/115kg. Can be another brand as well, or is this the best seat brand to choose from ?

I'd check out the Vertagear SL-2000 series for reasons mentioned earlier in this thread.

Associate
Received my SL5000 this morning and I must say that I am impressed. I don't normally flock to the internet to express my views on a product but I just have to in this instance.
DD6AhlR.jpg.png

This godsend of a chair is really comfortable to sit on due to the balanced padding. Its not too soft nor too firm which makes it pretty ergonomic as well. I try not to spend more than an hour at a time at my desk and I suppose this was because my previous chair would make sitting uncomfortable after 40 minutes, but I've been using this for 5 hours and I reckon that I can sit for even longer. It must also be noted that I have had bad posture for years. I'm 6 ft 1 at 95kg and standing with my back straight was always a little difficult for me, but when i first used this chair for the first time and had to get up after an hour, my back automatically remained straight with ease. I did not expect this at all but it makes sense since you are forced to be in an upright position in the chair without having to actually put any effort into it, but the fact that it immediately corrected my slouched upper back whilst i am standing/walking around is definitely surprising.

I spent a while deciding whether or not it was worth going for a racing chair and did think that this could be my worst purchase for my set up but it turned out to be pretty important and one of the best purchases I've made. I'm not in any way affiliated with any company but i know there are people out there who are hesitant to buy a product like this, but i cant recommend it enough. A racing chair is worth the £200-£300 price tag and my advice would be to get any brand as long as you are certain that the quality of the chair is high. In this instance I do think the SL5000 comes of as a premium chair and feels like it too. However on my chair there is a dent on the right side which can be seen in the picture and a circular imprint on the top of the chair which was due to the way it was shipped. Not too big of a problem because it feels as though it will be fixed over time as it is memory foam but it takes away a few points from looking absolutely perfect.

Overall here are the pros and cons

+Confirmed to be comfortable and snug for a tall heavy person, will definitely be comfortable for anyone over 6ft.
+ Its not just for marketing when they say that the SL5000 is ergonomic, it really is. Your back will thank you.
+ Assembles in 30-40 mins with ease. Note: To attach the back rest to the base, screw in both sides then tighten. If you tighten one side before the other, then the screws wont reach the hole on the remaining side.
+ Lumbar and head cushions are comfortable
+Arm rests can be moved in multiple ways. Its stays firm when arms are resting on it.
+Build quality that seems like it will last.
+Looks stunning, more so in person.

- Arm rests wobble a bit, but only if you force it.
- Could be packaged better to avoid any dents and imprints in the padding.
- The PVC material gets warm and is not breathable, which is ok during the winter in the UK, but on nicer days it can be a problem.
- The surface material on my chair is not fitted perfectly on the top left which degrades the consistency and overall look a bit, although the image makes it look worse than it really is.

+/- Maybe a little too comfortable. Sitting in it feels relaxing which may be taxing on productive work depending on who you are, though it is branded as a gaming chair.

My rating 4.5/5. If you can spend over a grand on a gaming rig then you can certainly spend £200 for comfort and good posture. Highly recommended.

Associate
How are people finding these after a few months of use? My old office exec style chair is on it's last legs so looking to replace.

I'm 6'1", 100kg and generally just big build. Tend to sit with my left foot under my right thigh, so that rules out the SL4000 because of the middle part.

Any recommendations? Is the 5000 worth it over the 2000?

Soldato
How are people finding these after a few months of use? My old office exec style chair is on it's last legs so looking to replace.

I'm 6'1", 100kg and generally just big build. Tend to sit with my left foot under my right thigh, so that rules out the SL4000 because of the middle part.

Any recommendations? Is the 5000 worth it over the 2000?

The SL4000 is fine for your size. I'm 6 feet tall and around the same weight and I might get the SL-4000. I hear the 5000 model is a very big chair. Both the SL-5000 and SL-4000 have a max load of 150kg.

Soldato
I only just bought the SL2000 when it was on offer for £165. Have to say am immeasurably satisfied with the quality of the materials and the way it was presented (no rips or scruffing). Before this I've only used office chairs before and these are a really nice upgrade. Extremely comfy to sit in for long period of time (its padded but its firm padding no leather sofa stuff) and very heavy, 24kg it said. Thats over half my weight. In terms of heigh I'm 6ft dead and the headrest is perfectly positioned, but then most of my height comes from my legs.

Associate
Which chair would you recommend for someone who is 5ft 10 and 10 stone? I really like the look of the SL5000, but I'm scared it will be to big for me? Thanks

Associate
Hi,

I've umm and arrh about getting a Vertagear chair for most of December and was going to hit the button in purchasing one when I'd realised theres no more stock of the Black/Carbon in any of the 3 styles.

I've read theres another shipment due soon but was wondering if you guys had an exact ETA on them arriving?

I've started a new office job and would like to get most likely the SL2000 as I'm only 5"4 / 10 st

Hoping to get one for £165 delivered as well - pretty please ;p

Many thanks

Gary

OcUK Staff
OP
Stock is due next Thursday. Doubtful I'll be able to do the price again as it was supported by Vertagear. How about checking out the white version we currently have on TWO?

Associate
I'd noticed the current offer but need to be all black as the chair will be used in the office of my new job. The chair is distinctive as it is already without the contrasting colours!

I've found the SL2000 in black/ carbon in stock with another retailer but wanted to hang fire until someone from OC replied.

Associate
Stock is due next Thursday. Doubtful I'll be able to do the price again as it was supported by Vertagear. How about checking out the white version we currently have on TWO?

Maybe you could do some sort of deal for the people that missed out on the last deal? Her indoors was on the warpath last month due to Christmas but now I'm free to spend again and want a chair! :)

Back
Top Bottom