Dragon's Dogma Up for Pre-Order on Steam

Soldato
OP
I guess me and the other ps3 players (in the dd megathread) must have blanked out that whole traumatic experience and enjoyed the game regardless but thanks for finding my sold ps3, booting up Dragons Dogma and confirming that yeah ohh wow yeah the framerates are criminal here omg i will have to run to the forums and let Surfer know......:rolleyes:
I didn't say you didn't enjoy the game. You just have(or had) very low standards for performance, obviously. I dont.

I took issue with it because a couple years ago, I asked on another forum if the PS3 version was any decent after remembering hearing something about performance problems but was basically told, "Yea, it runs fine" like you said. So I buy the game, get it, all excited to play, and then find the game runs in the low 20's. If it was playable for you, ok. For me, it wasn't. I got about an hour in and had to stop. If it was an older FF-style game or something I might have perservered, but it was heavy on action, so I couldn't do it.

The game did not run just fine, by objective measures.

Soldato
I guess me and the other ps3 players (in the dd megathread) must have blanked out that whole traumatic experience and enjoyed the game regardless but thanks for finding my sold ps3, booting up Dragons Dogma and confirming that yeah ohh wow yeah the framerates are criminal here omg i will have to run to the forums and let Surfer know......:rolleyes:

Tbh mate I got DD from PS+ back in the day and my god the framerates were awful. I'm not even sure why when it could run Demon/Dark Souls perfectly amongst other beauties. It's objective though, my friend plays ARK at 5-10fps and we've logged many hundred hours together. I think low framerates are worse for some than others.

But let me reiterate, Dragon's Dogma was the worst performing console game I've ever played, even worse than Crysis 3, which doesn't really make any sense though? =P

Last edited:
Soldato
Tbh mate I got DD from PS+ back in the day and my god the framerates were awful. I'm not even sure why when it could run Demon/Dark Souls perfectly amongst other beauties.

Agree about dragons dogma, played an hour or so and it was a technical mess to me!

But dude, dark souls... Need i remind you of blight town :D

Soldato
Agree about dragons dogma, played an hour or so and it was a technical mess to me!

But dude, dark souls... Need i remind you of blight town :D

Blight town was one area though! Honestly it ran perfectly everywhere else no? :D

Most memories I have of it are PTDE on PC so maybe I'm getting the performance mixed up.

Soldato
TotalBiscuit is doing a port report on this as soon as the embargo lifts. Probably worth a look.

I remember seeing a video of gameplay of DD a few years ago, and being disappointed it wasn't on PC. Might grab this when it's cheap.

Soldato
Tbh mate I got DD from PS+ back in the day and my god the framerates were awful. I'm not even sure why when it could run Demon/Dark Souls perfectly amongst other beauties. It's objective though, my friend plays ARK at 5-10fps and we've logged many hundred hours together. I think low framerates are worse for some than others.

But let me reiterate, Dragon's Dogma was the worst performing console game I've ever played, even worse than Crysis 3, which doesn't really make any sense though? =P

Well i have to reiterate yet again that at the time i played DD the framerate was fine. I'm sure i would have mentioned the so-called abysmal fps in the ps3 thread those years ago.

Its not even in the same league as the very well known fps issues that plagued Dark Souls on ps3 (blighttown)

I think people are now used to 60+ fps on the newer consoles (and pcs) and when compared to rather low fps on games years ago assume that it mustve been complete crap experience.

But its subjective so we can agree to disagree.

Soldato
OP
Well i have to reiterate yet again that at the time i played DD the framerate was fine. I'm sure i would have mentioned the so-called abysmal fps in the ps3 thread those years ago.
Your PS3 wasn't special. If you consider 20-25fps with dips into the teens 'fine', that's cool(there's nothing wrong with that), but realize that it was just fine for you. Just realize you have fairly low standards, quite clearly.

Its not even in the same league as the very well known fps issues that plagued Dark Souls on ps3 (blighttown)
Aside from Blighttown, Dark Souls ran far better on both consoles. Maybe not 'perfect', but it was 30fps or close to it most of the time. Dragon's Dogma ran poorly from start to finish.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
6pm :O why not mid night tonight?
Because they're going for midday US-time. Happens with a lot of games.

Port report, not watched it yet:

Not entirely sure what PC the guy has, you'd think that would be important to note, but it looks fairly beastly.

Some notes:

- SLI isn't working

- Game runs very well, though framerates do jump around quite a bit if you dont have things capped/v-sync'd. Looked like he was more or less running 100-110fps but things could sometimes drop down to the 60's.

- Keyboard/mouse controls are actually usable.

Last edited:
Soldato
@Seanspeed, TB's specs:

System Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.3ghz.
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4-2800
BOARD: ASUS Rampage V Extreme
COOLER: Swiftech H320 55.0 CFM Liquid
GPU: 2x Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
SSDs: 3x Sandisk Extreme Pro 480gb

Capture: DXTory
Microphone: EV RE20
Audio interface: RME Babyface.

Soldato
Your PS3 wasn't special. If you consider 20-25fps with dips into the teens 'fine', that's cool(there's nothing wrong with that), but realize that it was just fine for you. Just realize you have fairly low standards, quite clearly.

oh lol you are a funny guy. Clearly you find it hard to accept that for some people Dragons Dogma played well on their console. I certainly did not get dips into the teens in DD. I think considering that it was me that played it and not you that i would know :p

On the other hand i dreaded going to Blighttown in Dark Souls because of the extremely low fps.

Dragons Dogma was smooth as silk in comparison :)

sorry your console could not produce such good results, hope you get a better DD experience on pc.

Back
Top Bottom