AOC G2460PF

Associate
Iam talking about these problems exactly, pictures/video are from a other user:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/48o328tngffrfkc/G2460PF Corruption.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q54v40nuoxgsnjt/G2460PF Corruption 2.jpg?dl=0
https://vid.me/P1W8

So what to do? The problems are some month old, still amd didnt managed anything, except i have no flicker issues, but freesync is not usable. Should i change the monitor? Which one is good? How is the tearing when fps are over 60? How does vsync work with a 144hz monitor if you get ingame 70-80 fps? Much input lag? I am thinking about to get a other monitor, because a benq for the same price or the lg 24gm77-b should be better. Not sure about it...
Last video is from me, and was fixed by installing the monitor drivers. ( didnt install the beta )
A review i read on this monitor was having the same issues.
And wrote you had to install the monitor drivers to avoid issues with the monitor.

The first corruptions i had aswell, and were not fixed, i had to downgrade to 15.7 to not get the display corruptions.

Funny this is still not fixed.

Disgrace it is.

Last edited:
Associate
Last video is from me, and was fixed by installing the monitor drivers. ( didnt install the beta )
A review i read on this monitor was having the same issues.
And wrote you had to install the monitor drivers to avoid issues with the monitor.

The first corruptions i had aswell, and were not fixed, i had to downgrade to 15.7 to not get the display corruptions.

Funny this is still not fixed.

Disgrace it is.

Wait, so installing the official monitor driver + AMD 15.7 did not fix the issue? or do you mean the issues aren't fixed in the new drivers?

Associate
Can you please run for me 3D Mark 11, its free. Run it standard @ fullscreen with freesync on and monitor refreshrate on 144hz. The benchmark will run @ 60hz(freesync) - (info from osd menu). After the first test finished, the loading screen of the second appears and the screen get corrupted. The first test will take around a min. If this works for you without problems, i need you to tell me some details, as example, is it CCC 15.7 or 15.7.1. DP Cable (which one), other things youve done?

I thought i tried everything, also the official drivers and downgrading, but only to ccc 15.7.1

Associate
Wait, so installing the official monitor driver + AMD 15.7 did not fix the issue? or do you mean the issues aren't fixed in the new drivers?
The fix was pointed towards my video you linked, from vidme.
For the other display corruptions you linked, the first 2, i had those aswell on the new crimson drivers, so i had to downgrade to 15.7/15.7.1 to avoid these issues, since it was unplayable on crimson drivers.
Can you please run for me 3D Mark 11, its free. Run it standard @ fullscreen with freesync on and monitor refreshrate on 144hz. The benchmark will run @ 60hz(freesync) - (info from osd menu). After the first test finished, the loading screen of the second appears and the screen get corrupted. The first test will take around a min. If this works for you without problems, i need you to tell me some details, as example, is it CCC 15.7 or 15.7.1. DP Cable (which one), other things youve done?

I thought i tried everything, also the official drivers and downgrading, but only to ccc 15.7.1
I ran the benchmark before, since i firstly thought it was my gpu displaying artifacts.. but i had none on the 3Dmark benchmark, since my fps stayed below 100fps.

Display corruption on my machine only occurrred when having high fps on csgo, for example..

On the old drivers it did not occur that much..

here is again my issues i had.

https://community.amd.com/thread/193549

I took screenshots, which are inside the thread.

Associate
Now i testen World of Tanks and got the flickering issue (80-120 FPS ingame). I am really dissappointed in this point of freesync. The next thing i will test is the official certified driver, not the 35- hz driver in connection of the catalyst driver. But as it is, the crimsondriver has some perfomance boosts in comparison with the old driver in some new games. Why amd :(

Are there some other tips?

Soldato
I've been using the Gsync version of this monitor (G2460PG) for months and it's been 100% flawless. I actually prefer it over the ROG Swift I sent back, because it has none of those nasty pixel inversion artifacts which seem to be a "feature" on the Swift.

Weird how the Freesync one seems to have issues when it pretty much the same monitor :/

Last edited:
Associate
Freesync would be cheaper and at the end it should be the same, but not in real. In real freesync seems to be a alpha. Dont want to change to nvidia and gsync now, 100€ plus for monitor and 100€ plus for a nvidia gpu with almost the same power as a r9 390x.

Really hoping for a working fix soon. Just want to go sure that iam not one of the few people with such problems, if this is the case i maybe should change something. Dont know if a other freesync monitor has less isues or maybe a other brand of the gpu makes less problems. But seems to be a software issue

Associate
My 2 pence

Just thought I'd add my 2 pence as a recent buyer of this monitor:

Good:
Freesync awesome, really is a game changing tech and makes everything so smooth.
Design is nice.
Array of input options.
Build quality is good.

Bad:
The colours, awful, even with a better profile it's miles off the quality of even the cheap BenQ EW2440L sitting next to it.
144hz, I honestly can't tell much difference past 60fps so is massive overkill for me. I'd rather be playing with higher settings in the 45-90 range than turning things down to get 144fps. Just personal preference.
Gamma/brightness is terrible. Out of the box this things is atrocious, the worst picture I've ever seen. With tweaking it is acceptable for games but as my main desktop (I have 3x1080p monitors in horizontal alignment) it's unpleasant to look at.
In eyefinity, because I have different monitors the colours and brightness between the 3 are all over the place with this one in particular being the worst offender.
Also, using supersampling at 1440p has caused a lot of problems with graphical corruption. It has worked and looks great when it does but it's hit and miss.

TL:DR if spending my money again I would save a few more quid and get a 1440p (probably IPS) 27" monitor. I'm not unhappy as Freesync is really great but I think the 144hz is a big waste of time.

Associate
Bad:
The colours, awful, even with a better profile it's miles off the quality of even the cheap BenQ EW2440L sitting next to it.
144hz, I honestly can't tell much difference past 60fps so is massive overkill for me. I'd rather be playing with higher settings in the 45-90 range than turning things down to get 144fps. Just personal preference.

I know this is your opinion but what do you expect from a TN panel? and imo 144hz vs 60hz is night and day. I think the 144hz + freesync features are the biggest selling points for this monitor just like many other 24" and 27" monitors out there.

Associate
I know this is your opinion but what do you expect from a TN panel? and imo 144hz vs 60hz is night and day. I think the 144hz + freesync features are the biggest selling points for this monitor just like many other 24" and 27" monitors out there.

As you say, it's just my opinion, and as someone who's bought the monitor and has followed and read most of the thread I thought I'd chime in.

I have had other TN panels and they are nowhere near as bad out of the box. The state it comes in, settings wise, is the worst I have ever seen and I'm surprised they let it out the factory like it. Once calibrated with a colour profile it is certainly usable but if I had bought this without other monitors to use for my main desktop I would be very disappointed.

As for the 144hz, I can only tell you that to my eyes it is not that noticeable. Going from 30hz to 60hz is night and day, going from 60hz to 144hz is way more subtle and as mentioned, I would rather spend my graphics horsepower on getting a better image at 60 than a higher frame rate. Or on enabling eyefinity for a wider FOV.

Note, that when using eyefinity, as far as I can tell because the 3 monitors are treated as one monitor you can only apply one colour profile. Because this monitor is so far out of whack from the 2 that sit beside it it means that you either have to have 3 of this monitor, or have colours that are all other the place.

I'm not telling anyone not to game at 144hz and I'm sure over time, as you get used to it, it is much more noticeable to the trained eye. However, as someone that has been gaming for almost 2 decades on PC, who will not play a game at 30fps on his PC, I don't find 144hz important.

I agree on freesync, it is great to be able to game at around 60fps without tearing or worrying that the framerate is going to drop to 30fps because of v-sync whenever s*** hits the fan.

Associate
I could live with the colors, but I have to agree with weltysparrow. This is one of the worst TN panels I have seen in years. After returning this monitor, I used a 2004 Samsung TN monitor for a few days and it had crazy better colors and contrast than the AOC.

I also noticed, the AOC when cold is EXTREMELY washed out, bit it gets a bit better when it warms up.

Last edited:
Associate
Iam talking about these problems exactly, pictures/video are from a other user:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/48o328tngffrfkc/G2460PF Corruption.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q54v40nuoxgsnjt/G2460PF Corruption 2.jpg?dl=0
https://vid.me/P1W8

So what to do? The problems are some month old, still amd didnt managed anything, except i have no flicker issues, but freesync is not usable. Should i change the monitor? Which one is good? How is the tearing when fps are over 60? How does vsync work with a 144hz monitor if you get ingame 70-80 fps? Much input lag? I am thinking about to get a other monitor, because a benq for the same price or the lg 24gm77-b should be better. Not sure about it...

sorry for the late reply..
run two tests:
1. metal gear solid with freesync enabled
2. metal gear solid with freesync disabled

you will notice the difference straight away, unfortunately i have not got another DP cable to test, but i am debating on buying the acell 1.2 cable which is certified, for testing purposes.

I could live with the colors, but I have to agree with weltysparrow. This is one of the worst TN panels I have seen in years. After returning this monitor, I used a 2004 Samsung TN monitor for a few days and it had crazy better colors and contrast than the AOC.

I also noticed, the AOC when cold is EXTREMELY washed out, bit it gets a bit better when it warms up.

i have also noticed this, when i got the version 2 firmware replacement, however after a few weeks use mine seems to be less washed out when cold.

Last edited:
Associate
sorry for the late reply..
you will notice the difference straight away, unfortunately i have not got another DP cable to test, but i am debating on buying the acell 1.2 cable which is certified, for testing purposes.
I have that cable, it did not fix any of the problems I had with this monitor. Also, Accell is the retail brandname of BizLink, and guess what cable is included with the AOC monitor? Right, a BizLink cable which is pretty much identical to the Accell cable.

Associate
Thanks for all replys. I decided to continue with this monitor, in the hope of a working driver fix in the next month. My next choice would be a benq with motion blur reduction, but some says its a benefit others say the opposit. Its only sad, so much money and until now the keyfeatures arent working correctly

Associate
anyone still using the official monitor and not wanting to use the beta driver? You can edit the freesync range to 30-144hz with CRU (Custom Resolution Utility) and it seems to be working great.. for me anyway.

Back
Top Bottom