** Clash Royal **

Soldato
They need to sort donations out - being able to only donate 2 cards for common and 1 for rare is annoying. I need 100 cards to get some cards to level 6; that'll take forever with just 2 donations from people! lol. Maybe that'll change when we have a clan with more people.

Soldato
Yeah, that's the only disadvantage of having a small clan like we do. Then again, I bet there's loads of clans with 50 people in that never say a word to each other and don't donate.

This is why I put a message out about donating, it's an integral part of the game, one of the only ways to gain (the other being by upgrading cards) and can be a great source of gold.

Cards you donate are quickly replenished by opening chests so it doesn't slow down your own progression. I probably open around 8-10 chests day.... and never get any epics unlike lucky boy tim!

;)

Soldato
The game has finally started to be kind to me and has handed me 3 epics over the weekend: Giant Skeleton, Lightning and xBow. I've also found a balanced deck I like, which interestingly doesn't use any of these and concentrates on most of the starting cards. Won 7 in a row last night with 5 3crown wins.

Still missing prince and skellie army though :(

Soldato
Wish i could get the prince of xbow. Did manage to pull the rage card though :)

I hate coming up against the xbow, however I haven't yet mastered how best to use it. It isn't currently in my deck.

The 2 cards I want most are the only 2 cards I'm yet to find... Prince and Skeleton Army :(

Soldato
I've been struggling against the X-bow and the inferno towers, I can't use them though. I get owned as soon as I try.

Hut spamming is the most frustrating thing to come up against, especially if, like me, you don't have any rockets or fireballs in your deck.

My chests have been a bit rubbish lately. I haven't got an epic out of at least the last 10 I've opened! Must be due a purple chest soon!

Soldato
I've been struggling against the X-bow and the inferno towers, I can't use them though. I get owned as soon as I try.

Hut spamming is the most frustrating thing to come up against, especially if, like me, you don't have any rockets or fireballs in your deck.

My chests have been a bit rubbish lately. I haven't got an epic out of at least the last 10 I've opened! Must be due a purple chest soon!

Yeah, I agree, the inferno particularly is a pita. I haven't tried it yet, but I have tried the xbow and it doesn't do much for me. The hidden tesla on the other hand is quite handy, and also cheaper than both.

The mass huts is a pain, I find lightning really useful against it, but it isn't currently in my deck, so like you when I come up against it, it's really frustrating.

I've had a bit more luck on cards recently, it was about time. I'm no just missing Skeleton Army, Hog Rider, Pekka and Freeze. Not too bothered about Pekka, but really want the other 3.

Soldato
I have the hidden tesla but haven't used it yet. I'll give it a try.

I tend to send in the goblin barrel against the huts, it's all I can do. It sometimes works if you can time it right.

Pekka is useless, it's slow and expensive. You can only really use it in the last minute when goo is at 2x. I have hogs but haven't used them yet. They've been pretty easy to neutralise whenever I've come up against them so haven't bothered with them. Freeze would be handy, hopefully it's in the chest I'll be opening in 20 mins :)

Soldato
I am getting nowhere at the minute. I don't feel like I'm doing anything wrong either, I'm playing as tactically as I can, using troops as necessary for defence without going crazy, trying to build an elixir advantage etc. but I seem to be moving backwards.

No idea what I have to do/change to push on.

Soldato
I've just been getting 1 weak, then focusing on the other and then using a sneaky firebolt too take out the first. But against really good players I just straggle too get 1 down then its 100% defence. I hardly ever go for 3 now, normally its 2down for a win.

Soldato
Minor change of tactics took me to arena 5 last night with a deck of:

(Avg. elixir rating of 4.)
Lightning - super useful for destroying huts and witches that are deployed around the tower, almost instant zaps
Giant Skel - lots of HP and carries a huge bombs that kills most troops when it detonates
Barbs - awesome in defence against single point enemies and attack
Baby Drag - awesome in defence and attack. Can target air, has splash damage
Arrows - swarm defence, goblin barrel killer too
Knight - often undervalued and underused, but strong and great for distracting enemies
Archers - also awesome, have a surprising amount of hit points and pack a bit of a punch
Spear Gobs - Awesome in every way

The last 3 are often used for distracting enemies and are easy and quick to deploy.

I haven't played this morning yet, so I'll probably get spanked back down to arena 4 again :p But the change was more to defence and opportunistic/reactive attacks from an overly offensive play.

Edit: Moved up to 1516 this morning :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Getting a bit fed up with this now. I can't get above 1280 trophies. Everyone I come up against after 1280 has all arena 5 troops and I can't do anything to stop them.

Freeze spell is a joke to try and defend against. I'll probably be in Arena 6 as soon as I find that!!

I've just gemmed 3 silver crates. Got 1 rare card out of them all! Didn't get 1 card for anything in my deck!

Back
Top Bottom