Formula Boinc 2016

PDW

PDW

Associate
Hmm, it looks like TSBT don't like being overtaken, stomped them yesterday for top spot on dDM-project and now they're chasing after us.
He's done a great job of getting good points early on, and some still to come like CSG, but lets see if he can fight the fight on multiple fronts :D

Goofyxgrid (aka monkeys) site is down at the moment :(

Soldato
I don't know if HT is on or off , need to look up how to check, I do have a spare hdd ill be installing windows onto as Linux is far to complex for me lol needs more ram aswell, forgot to order some

PDW

PDW

Associate
Are you using SATA drives and AHCI mode set ?

Why not just install TeamViewer on the ubuntu and stick that away ?
Generally you'll be getting better points with that than Windows so more cost effective.

Soldato
at least now I have a stable connection so it can upload/download as and when it needs, I did have an Ethernet cable running across the front room lol, now ive set up a connection via an Ethernet cable from my main pc so it can get new work while im at work, plus I set up team viewer on both pcs aswell so I can keep an eye on them

Soldato
I found that link, ive done abit more reading and now found some code that I can copy and adjust to make a batch file , hopefully it will work

Last edited:
Soldato
Sztaki Desktop Grid is worth considering running alongside another project, runtimes are short and there is very little work but worth picking some up when they have it.

The lattice project is similar as well, sparce and quick, though it occasionally has some faulty ones that go on forever, just delete those. It hasn't reached 2m points yet but it should soon.

There's Gerasim as well, which only seems to give out 1 WU per update on my box.

ive added all 3 , the only one that gets work is sztaki , but it starts a WU then after 3 - 4 % it restarts the same WU again! , so for now ive also added pogs and malariacontrol in the hope some more work becomes available for this.

Soldato
OP
ive added all 3 , the only one that gets work is sztaki , but it starts a WU then after 3 - 4 % it restarts the same WU again! , so for now ive also added pogs and malariacontrol in the hope some more work becomes available for this.

I haven't noticed that problem with sztaki, the lattice project has had some WUs recently but often runs out, some WUs go on forever and other error out immediately, and bad ones seem to stay in the system a long time being passed from user to user, I don't like that project at all. Forget Mariacontrol, project admin said it won't have any work for at least 2 months and maybe not at all. Gerasim I don't know much about. Crunch what you like, POGs is a good choice.

Back
Top Bottom