What watch do you wear?

Associate
So if I had a budget of 1 k what sort of brands should I be looking at? I was settlled on Christainward then friends talk me out of it.

Would love an Omega but 2k upwards is too much for me.

Also where are reputable 2nd hand watch seller?

I bought a new Longines Master's collection for just a bit more money than that..

And I also bought a second hand Longines Evidenze second hand for about 800 from chrono24; no problem there..

Soldato
I posted my logines hydro conquest a few pages back, 790 and the conquest classic I think at 1k. Both decent watches. Had the former a month and the latter a year. Both kept in a winder when not on my wrist.

Edited to add

Watchfinder.co UK are good for second hand watches. Good brands but I'm guessing they add their percentage onto the sale value so there may be a cheaper option elsewhere / locally to you.

http://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/00095...Mens-Watch/p?gclid=CO2Di4L_vMoCFSfnwgodZ5AP2w

http://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/0009578/Longines-HydroConquest-Automatic-Mens-Watch/p

Last edited:
Soldato
For £1k I would be looking at an Oris, Sinn or a Glycine myself ...if your taste is more dressy though there may be better alternatives ...although Oris do some quite dressy watches.

Or you could spend £1k a little differently and say get a couple Steinharts ...or something similar, give you some variation.

Last edited:
Associate
Update. If anyone is looking for a decent time keeper with a dial and face that you can clearly see in the dark, I can highly recommend the Seiko Sarb017 (posted a pic earlier in the thread)

I've had a fair few watches over the years but this thing is just awesome for the price. It gains 4 seconds during the day but left overnight crown up it's slap bang on the money again in the morning.

My days of wearing disfunctional and expensive bling jewelery are well and truly over.

Those burglars we had visit actually did me a favour, at the end of the day.

Man of Honour
I am extremely picky with designs and style I tend to like. I still want the Hamilton Navy Pioneer because I love the wire lugs and case design. But I prefer the dial and crystal design of the Junghams Max Bill Chronoscope more.

JsMJakT.jpg

pdAMomV.jpg

Why can't someone release a watch which encapsulates those good things from both watches into one?!

Associate
erm Call me Mr OCD but the big hand is not quite hitting the 9 minute mark whilst the second hand is on 12 in that pic?

Does my head in that kinda thing.

Man of Honour
I got the first of 2 watches I'm treating myself to this year yesterday - Tissot T Touch Solar
I wanted something semi decent with a compass/azimuth that I could wear for most occasions and when I'm out doing stuff, I've ordered a rubber strap as well so I don't ruin the leather/fabric one when on holidays or treks.
I looked at all the premium G Shocks & Protreks etc but they are all gigantic, this one isn't small but I haven't got wimpy wrists so it's ok.
Obligatory apologies for the picture quality, I have no idea how to use my camera properly.

243ka6a.jpg

rqwx20.jpg

jfdc0j.jpg

vex9n5.jpg

180tpz.jpg

Man of Honour
I had my heart set on the Omega Dark Side of the Moon but I'm having 2nd thoughts about it now.
I've tried it on twice in W.O.S. & Omega in Regent Street but I've been underwhelmed by it in the flesh, it looks beautiful online and in all the reviews I've seen but it just doesn't grab me for some reason.
I'm sure I'll find something equally as nice though :)

Back
Top Bottom