2 Rads loop order

Associate
What do you reckon would the best way to run this loop please?
Sorry about crap drawing.

water%20loop%206A_zpsev3srowo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Permabanned
other than going res to pump, the rest on the loop order as be shown to make no difference. there is about a 2c difference on the coolant over a full loop with a gpu in it.

just go with what ever order looks good on the eye if you have a windowed case.

Soldato
I wouldnt bother fitting one of the rad for just cpu to be honest. If you add a gpu you'll have to drain the system and cut/size tubing anyway. If you're pulling it apart later i'd add all new piping anyway as its so cheap. It'll look bad using possibly stained piping with brand new stuff.

For reference i'm running a 240mm and a 120mm to do cpu AND gpu. My i5 is at 4.6ghz and my 7970 got a big overclock. Even under stress testing cpu is always below 58 degrees and gpu under 45.

Last edited:
Soldato
360mm of rad space is more than enough for cpu alone. If your gpu is still air cooled i'd say the system overall would benefit more from lower speed airflow fans bringing air into the case at the front for the gpu to get cold air rather than warmer radiator air being blown at it.

Until that gpu is water cooled it'll be wanting fresh cold air. I'd go for airflow over a second rad anyday.

It'll also mean you can put the res at the front of the case for a much neater loop of pump>cpu>rad>res

Last edited:
Soldato
Just looked at your other thread, seeing as you're already up and running i wouldnt change it all just to add another rad. New/better fans will be a much better way of improving it. For the price of a new rad/tubing/coolant you could get 3 gentle typhoons to go in your 360mm rad for amazing rad airflow at barely any noise. Easier, bound to be more effective and no need to mess with a loop thats already working fine.

At the end of the day you can add as many radiators as you want, but if you're already overkill on rad space then adding more shows very diminishing returns in terms of dropping temperatures. Better fans will run cooler and quiter though so would be a much better investment.

Associate
OP
Yes had a re-think and must agree with you, changing fans on Monday/Tuesday
might try and move res to other side if I can find room( Phanteks hdd drive bays are all in piece so might have cut them in have to do this) :(

Back
Top Bottom