What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Spectre

Was hoping it would be better than I first thought.

Story was pretty weak.

6/10

I've just watched that and I'd agree. Better than I thought it would be considering the ****ging off it's gotten. For me at least, it's better than Quantum!

Could have done with more Monica Bellucci (one of my all time faves and doing well for a lass in her 50's) and Lea Seydoux fills a dress out nicely.

Yes, I'm an old perv :)

Associate
Jurassic World. I didn't get the chance to see this when it came out in the cinemas but I'd heard a lot of good things about it. Found it to be quite an enjoyable action flick in the end. Would give it a 7.3/10.

Soldato
Ant Man, enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would. 7/10. Some genuine laugh out loud moments.

"That is one messed up looking dog" Cracked me up :)

Soldato
Looper 7/10

Just watched it on iplayer before it expires in half an hour.

Definitely interesting and enjoyable movie, but like all time travel movies, there is no logic.
Like, if a looper can close his loop by killing his 30 year older self sent back to the present, it means that young looper will himself be killed 30 years later by his younger self and so it goes on, the same looper killing his older self and being killed by his younger self for the rest of time :p

Caporegime
Looper 7/10

Just watched it on iplayer before it expires in half an hour.

Definitely interesting and enjoyable movie, but like all time travel movies, there is no logic.
Like, if a looper can close his loop by killing his 30 year older self sent back to the present, it means that young looper will himself be killed 30 years later by his younger self and so it goes on, the same looper killing his older self and being killed by his younger self for the rest of time :p

How is there a problem?

The young assassin lives in the present. They become an assassin in the present and then spend, say, 5 years assassinating people who are sent back to them. Eventually they assassinate themselves at some point when their future self is sent back. After that they don't do any more assassinating, until they catch up with the future, when time travel gets invented, and the mob then sends them back to the past to be assassinated by their past self in order to get rid of them.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Area 51.

A "found footage" film about a group of pals who go to infiltrate Groom Lake and encounter some funky shiz. It starts off a bit meh, but once they hit the '51 things heat up. I;d give it a 6/10. It's not spectacular, but worth a watch for found footage film fans. Some cool SFK in it too.

Soldato
Man of Steel

It was alright. Not a huge superhero movie fan, but quite enjoyed it. Think a follow up movie could have been pretty good, having got all the origins guff out of the way. Bit of a shame they've gone straight into the Batman stuff first.

7/10

Caporegime
6? You be illin'

Lol.

I fall into the void where I wasn't born when the Original Trilogy were released, and only discovered them when Episode 1 came out, so I don't have massive love for the originals, and I also don't share the massive hatred for the prequels.

I like the whole Star Wars thing, its cool. But I don't have peaks and troughs view some people do of it

Associate
The Rack Pack (iplayer)

Loved the story, loved some of the acting (Steve Davis and Barry Hearn) and absolutely hated with a passion the actor playing Alex Higgens.

His accent was so bad that i think my 7 year old daughter could do a better job.

5/10 because of the accent.

Caporegime
Spectre - 6/10

Hmmmmm, pretty naff Bond film to be honest, the car chase was more Fast & Furious than car chase, was half expecting Vin Diesel to popup in the background in an RX7.

Just a whole lot of nothing going on.

Last edited:
Soldato
The Rack Pack (iplayer)

Loved the story, loved some of the acting (Steve Davis and Barry Hearn) and absolutely hated with a passion the actor playing Alex Higgens.

His accent was so bad that i think my 7 year old daughter could do a better job.

5/10 because of the accent.

I couldn't get into it because he was so bad, nothing like Higgins

Soldato
Three for me over the weekend:-

The Hunger Games - thought I should look at this to see what all of the fuss was about a few years back. Was OK as a teen adventure, saw Divergent first which took a little of the shine off I suppose, oh and Battle Royale. 3/5

Batman Begins
- the beginning of the best set of superhero films? Looking forward to watching the Dark Knight again but this was merely good, a nice starter if you want. 4/5

Brewster's Millions - a blast from the past, thirty years old and still fine. Brewster has to spend $30 million in 30 days to inherit $300 million. Richard Pryor and John Candy, good memories, 4/5

Caporegime
Brewster's Millions - a blast from the past, thirty years old and still fine. Brewster has to spend $30 million in 30 days to inherit $300 million. Richard Pryor and John Candy, good memories, 4/5

Love this movie. One of those that if I flick over and it's on, I will watch it again without fail.

Love the light-hearted John Candy movies of the 80's, like Brewsters millions, Splash and Uncle Buck.

Caporegime
Spectre

Meh. I've not even finished it yet and I'm struggling to find the energy to watch the rest of it. We stopped watching it last night because my GF fell asleep.

It's as if you have to make the story up in your head as you go along because they couldn't be bothered to write one. But then, they do certainly give you enough long periods of sod all happening to allow you to think of one. Everything was so obvious too, litterallly not a single curve ball or surprise.

The recent Mission Impossible films have been far better 'Bond' movies than any of the Daniel Craig Bond films.

4/10, at a push.

Back
Top Bottom