If Jurassic Park were an MMO, it'd look like Ark: Survival Evolved (PC/Xbox One/PS4)

Soldato
12552688_10154654754448975_888931813616140951_n_zpsy68wsazq.jpg

12642737_10154654754253975_4882685961571045838_n_zpsynialenl.jpg

Soldato
I went for third time lucky mammoth tame/hunt last night, Got kitted up, pre-built a few campfires with lots of thatch to burn, tranq arrows, crossbow, lots of Narco & majo berries plus meat jerky and water (for me) loaded it all up on my weight/tanky Argentavis and headed to Snow Biome, found a good lvl mate boosted pair...Landed bird out of the way then set about downing the pair.

Got both down without too much drama, set up horseshoe area of campfires and got busy taming them, both were almost three quarters done (took a long time) when dire wolves turned up, managed to kill one but lost both tames, was able to get back to the bird although with very low health then headed for warmth to recover then return to area.

I didn't make it out of "ice cube" temperate in time, died from exposure lost the gear and the mammoth saddle i'd just got resources for, Lost my best Argentavis (no notification that he was killed though, he was on Neutral with wandering disabled but I died while flying, so no idea what happens in that scenario) and the saddle and gear it was carrying.

Respawned and spent about an hour looking for my Arg using a speedy Pteranodon, but no luck. Headed back to base and tamed another three good Raptors to my pack.

Restocked the food troughs, checked the gates and fencing then went to bed.......what a night!!!!
The Mammoth hunt continues.

BEST game in a long time

Soldato
Lost my best Argentavis (no notification that he was killed though, he was on Neutral with wandering disabled but I died while flying, so no idea what happens in that scenario).

go to the area he was in and fly straight up to the map ceiling generally they hover up there, if not then fly around the area on the ground and spam the "follow me" whistle.

Soldato
go to the area he was in and fly straight up to the map ceiling generally they hover up there, if not then fly around the area on the ground and spam the "follow me" whistle.

I was doing the latter on my speedy Pteranodon for ages, quartered the whole area for ages spamming the Follow whistle, no sign of it :(

I will look again tonight and try the same area but at the ceiling of the map.
It Would be good to get my bird and the gear it was carrying back.

Thank you for helping.

Soldato
Ah cool thanks. Was a bit confusing not being able to find it but the thread title gave me false hope :p

I'll wait it out then. Any ETA?

Honestly no idea, It was my understanding that PS4 should be getting it on pre release as per Xbox One....but as of yet it is just "coming soon".

As I don't have a PS4 anymore I've not looked into what is available and when, just what i've picked up on from the Ark website.

official release on both consoles is June though.

Soldato
Very productive night last night, took my dino transport raft North and built a base at 15-42.
Got a few fireplaces, narcotics, mejoberries, steel pike, tranq arrows and another bow in a large storage chest in there to prep for mammoth hunt take 4.

Tamed a few additions to the southern Ranch while up there, came home with this lot (Photobucket is down: Carno, mated pair of Rapters, Three (Two female and one male) Sabretooths and a decent lvl Dilophosaurus...I'll add the pic one photobucket sorts it's **** out!).

The trip back was a nightmare, raft kept getting attacked and even had to stop twice twice to defend the tames from a Sarco then a trio of mega piranhas, first time I've come across the latter out at sea!!!!

I didn't think the tames could be attacked while in the water as the foundation is raised from the base lvl of the standard raft! think I need to build it a bit higher

Yes a very late night, very satisfying though.

----edit to add pic, now PB is working
D711A5FD-7A4F-47AD-BD44-FEB3B4D44CA6_zpspg72dgrd.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
So I Took the boys on a little boat trip to Dead (Carno) Island...all set to Follow the Ape (I was riding it's shoulders)...all set to Aggressive and "attack your target".

It was ******ing awesome. btw the Raptors died first and were honestly a let down followed by the Ape. The Dilophosaurus were quite frankly amazing, killing carnos, scorpions, sabretooths, argentavis and rexs no problem. All was going well until our path was blocked on about lap three by an Alpha Carno. the little Dilophosaurus did their best.

I wish I had a Video recording device, thinking of getting an Elgato HD60 or something. anyone here use one???

A3A2857F-5693-4CAD-97CA-BB7C67A57CD7_zpsviy9ouwp.jpg

Soldato
Mammoths, a handful of failed attempts then BAM you end up with two

Downed this one, direwolves came and it was all over......
4C7AA444-7B20-4BE0-8D8C-F09B2DA52B68_zpshcccwgrz.jpg

So try again, downed another and successfully Guarded my tame with a direwolf and crossbow.
8FCF83CB-ABB7-432F-994F-5DD28C310353_zpsdfd8gx89.jpg

And then this grey one that I managed to get it to chase me in close to my NW hut
8EFE9588-B745-4F91-AFC6-833FF49EA1B7_zpslvjan3fa.jpg

I Wanted the grey one down at the SW Ranch to help with the extensions..the trip back was interesting.....
9BD9E652-4DD7-4515-AADF-05F56D56E291_zpsvqrw63e5.jpg

Both were probably the most nerve wrecking tames so far, such a relief to get them home

Soldato
It's a bitch when you spend ages downing a creature to tame it only for it to end up in the water and drown! I had that happen with a T-Rex on the slip of water between carno island and the little mini island just off it's NE coast.
I managed to get it's mate though, along with a new Megalodon, two Sabretooths , three Dilophosaurus, a raptor and another Scorpion.
A663306F-6C59-4E19-8B1E-7731F68C1222_zpsfo4398ie.jpg

2AF4ED8E-B0E6-4E6F-A477-14CEB5CDD2E7_zpsku2ui0cr.jpg

9DEF199F-D248-4073-BDB0-2CADAF8283F0_zpsqavfq5d5.jpg

Soldato
Bit of a late one for me last night.....This happened, lvl 108 + 51...poor health as he was attacking my lightweight/speedy flyer when I came out the hut!!! It was worth it though and made up for the good Argentavis I lost the other day.

IMG_8748_zpslrko4fzy.jpg

IMG_8749_zpsl34yjrql.jpg

Oh and I made some white dye for my fur gear.
IMG_8750_zps5kg8wvrz.jpg

and penned in my lagoon to keep my sea creatures safe
IMG_8747_zps4ywyszhn.jpg

Soldato
tip for you if you keep losing mammoths to wolves, when you go out to tame them take a load of spiked walls with you and when you down it pen it in, break them down when you are done :)

Soldato
What a night!!! Got my first Quetzal and it was an absolute nightmare.

Opted to use a low level scorpion so as not to do too much damage while knocking it out using an Argentavous. Took forever to down it! It fell in thick woodland, I got some prime on it and was on for a near perfect tame then sabre tooths attacked and almost killed it, so had to force feed it regular meat to get health back up.
Then at about quarter tamed a raptor attack did same again, so more force feeding was needed. Then had to scavenge for narcoberries as the topor goes down mega fast....but we got him in the end.

Probably the most intense tame so far! Man I love this game.

F21A6123-2D84-4C89-AE8B-A55967D63FAF_zpsh8kpaocq.jpg

Soldato
Don't mean to troll on this but it's funny how those pics from your phone look pretty much the same as it does in-game. I tried to get into it with the free trail but couldn't get past the horrific visuals...Have they improved at all?

I gave this a try last night, 10 mins later deleted it, awful awful graphics, crap controls, frame rate that stutters loads, and some crap system where one minute i was too hot, then next i was too cold :confused:

Back
Top Bottom