PST: Project Silicon Talisman

Associate
OP
Since I have finalized this build, one thing has been bothering me. I feel that the inside view of the case is some what restrictive. So I have decided to improve that.

Also the temperature display lcds are in the front and I cannot look at them when using PC. So they need to be somewhere with in my sight of view while using the system.

Firstly the pillar highlighted by the red line needs to come out. This can be unscrewed without too much of a problem. I have hidden quite a few cables behind it so I will need to deal with that. I am building a panel that will be just a few inches tall to take it's place and also accommodate the temperature display lcds.

24501599221_ca5e380b7e_c.jpg

The second step is to cut a bigger window in the side panel (red polygon). For this I will get an acrylic clear sheet and rubber edging. I am not going to stick it with a double sided tape as that may not give the durable results. I am planning to use some M3 nuts/bolts for durability and hopefully better aesthetics.

24475558992_5ef12dd4b0_c.jpg

Associate
OP
I kind of like the view as it is.

Your picture to me does show that a red penstripe in that exact location would actually look good :)

I think the damage has already been done. :D

I will post the pictures later. Honestly it was my itch to build something new that I satisfied this way.

Luckily I have convinced myself that I can wait until Broadwell-E and Pascal are out. This system doesn't hold me back with anything that I do anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
Can't wait to see the pictures of your work, I see I'm not the only one who has been bitten by the upgrade bug :D

Also, just a quick question since you also have a Luxe, does your PC make creaking noises when cooling down as mine makes really loud noises from the top pannel when it's heating and cooling.

Associate
OP
Can't wait to see the pictures of your work, I see I'm not the only one who has been bitten by the upgrade bug :D

Also, just a quick question since you also have a Luxe, does your PC make creaking noises when cooling down as mine makes really loud noises from the top pannel when it's heating and cooling.

haha. yes upgrade bug is no good. I am sure it will return in few weeks again :D

I haven't noticed such noises very often but yes I have noticed that and I was thinking these are probably my radiators. Normally I hear these after the system is shutdown. But as I said, quite rarely.

Associate
haha. yes upgrade bug is no good. I am sure it will return in few weeks again :D
I haven't noticed such noises very often but yes I have noticed that and I was thinking these are probably my radiators. Normally I hear these after the system is shutdown. But as I said, quite rarely.
Well at least I'm not the only one then :D (Although the sounds on my case are persistent each time).

Can't wait to see the window mod you're doing though (How far are you into it?) :)

Back
Top Bottom