IIyama 40" 4k VA monitor

Associate
No need to troubleshoot (appreciate the reply, though!), it comes back on when I move the window away to another monitor or close the tab through keyboard shortcuts. Considering this only happens during this specific test, I'm hoping it's just a torture test thing that won't actually affect real use. Still odd, though! :p

But finding out what hardware and software your group has in common (G) can't harm.
It's up to you.

Associate
Here's mine, then:
http://expand.rs/report.html

Serial number is "11434 54700301", type number is "LE04BW". There's also a "R155A01" figure on there, might be the revision?

Using the included DisplayPort cable, no USB devices attached. Running a multi-monitor configuration with two Dell U2711s (to the left and right) over DVI, powered from an R9 290 (290X bios, think it's a PowerColor).

Last edited:
Associate
finding out what hardware and software your group has in common (G) can't harm.
I have three of these units from the same batch and was able to isolate it to the individual screen. Using the exact same cables, connectors and card, two of the units work on a given image, one glitches out.

Of more concern is why are you having problems returning a faulty screen.. Does OCUK not believe its faulty or you've damaged it some how?
OCUK refuses to concede it's faulty. AFAIK they just left it running movies for two days and sent it back. When I have the energy and Iiyama have stock, I suppose I'll put together detailed repro steps and try them.

Associate
i think that it can be maybe fixed by firmware update
my monitor is fine with that screen you posted in opera :D :D

someone tryed to ask iiyama technical service about these issues?

Associate
An update - after a wait of over a month and a half Iiyama finally delivered a replacement. So far so good - same as the last one. The test page that's blanking people's monitors doesn't cause mine to turn off but I'm using HDMI 2.0 from my PC - the work laptop needs the DP port. I'll test it later and report back if it causes the problem.

Lets hope this one doesn't blow up as well.......

Associate
i think that it can be maybe fixed by firmware update
my monitor is fine with that screen you posted in opera :D :D

someone tryed to ask iiyama technical service about these issues?

Three monitors from the same batch, with one having different/faulty firmware?
Let's hope not. That would be really random.
Unless the firmware of one is partially corrupted in some sort of way of course.

An update - after a wait of over a month and a half Iiyama finally delivered a replacement. So far so good - same as the last one. The test page that's blanking people's monitors doesn't cause mine to turn off but I'm using HDMI 2.0 from my PC - the work laptop needs the DP port. I'll test it later and report back if it causes the problem.

Lets hope this one doesn't blow up as well.......

Looking forward to this.
I hope that all goes well.

Last edited:
Associate
I have three of these units from the same batch and was able to isolate it to the individual screen. Using the exact same cables, connectors and card, two of the units work on a given image, one glitches out.

OCUK refuses to concede it's faulty. AFAIK they just left it running movies for two days and sent it back. When I have the energy and Iiyama have stock, I suppose I'll put together detailed repro steps and try them.

That is probably not the best way to get it resolved, send me a PM and we can discuss it separately if we carry on here it will just derail the thread. Personally I've had good experiences returning items to OCUK they have been pretty good by all accounts.

I quite fancy one of these monitors too hence the interest fyi

Associate
I've tried the test pattern on mine using HDMI2.0 and DP and it doesn't blank the monitor.

So in short if yours fails then send it to OCUK because they say they will do something within 28 days even if it's a refund. On this monitor Iiyama seem to take an age to replace. I can't comment on work that requires good color accuracy and geometry because thats not what I do but if you need lots of documents, shell sessions and web pages for work plus a massive screen for games and films it's a solid screen for the price. Unless it fails again...

Associate
Mines still working great and I'm really happy with it. I am very disappointed to hear that Iiyama have let you down with their customer service, they used to be superb and a swap out was usually done within a day or two. I've always chosen their monitors in the past due to my experience with them in the CAD offices I've worked in over the years. I'll have to have a rethink if they are going downhill with support like this.

Associate
Yes this is what worries me, they have always had a good rep and have made some pretty good and reliable monitors in the past. Lets hope the problems with this 40” model is not a sign of things to come.

Associate
Do keep in mind that every monitor will perform differently, even if they share the exact same model and make. What works for one may not work for another.

Does anybody know of an easy way to compare profiles? I think my Spyder 5's software is overriding it, but I can't seem to get Windows to load the profile to compare it to my own attempt. Kinda curious to see how different it is from mine. :p

Permabanned
Anyone use this monitor without the stand? It looks like it will sit directly on to the desk itself and just needs support at the back.

Associate
Do keep in mind that every monitor will perform differently, even if they share the exact same model and make. What works for one may not work for another.

Does anybody know of an easy way to compare profiles? I think my Spyder 5's software is overriding it, but I can't seem to get Windows to load the profile to compare it to my own attempt. Kinda curious to see how different it is from mine. :p

im using profile from teksyndicate and it looks nice (i dont need perfect color accurancy) it just looks very good

i also think that this panel is totally uncalibrated from iiyama

Back
Top Bottom