Cinema: Ever had to sit at the front?

Soldato
Once or twice, but only when we hadn't booked and it was sold out, so there was no other choice. Terrible view. One time we right at the front and also all the way to one side. Absolutely terrible way to watch a movie.

I always go for the middle row, centre if possible.

Soldato
I only ever sit in the front row, always have and my brother is the same.

Everytime when they ask where do we want to sit, we point out the front row and they say "You know that's the front row, right?" makes me laugh every time.

I prefer to be in the front, where no one else sits as opposed to being middle/back with all the annoying popcorn munching riff raff.

Caporegime
Once or twice, but only when we hadn't booked and it was sold out, so there was no other choice. Terrible view. One time we right at the front and also all the way to one side. Absolutely terrible way to watch a movie.

I always go for the middle row, centre if possible.

If you divide the cinema into 9 equal squares, I always aim to sit in the region between the top middle and centre, but either of those 2 are fine. The rest will be ignored.

Associate
Agree with OP, front row a horrible experience. It's been years since I've been there though, never again. Generally head up the back somewhere. Some crazy prices though, still only paying £6.50 in Belfast. Went with wife and son at Christmas to see Star Wars mid week and I think it was only around £12-14 or something for the three of us.

Soldato
A friend booked tickets to watch star wars at the imax in the printworks just after christmas, got there to find that we were on the front row, was not fun :(

Soldato
Return of the Jedi.

We were late, load of us for a mates birthday. No problems at that age, everything was either the front or the back row.:)

Once since would be Twister, mates always wanted to go to the warner in Leicester, busy place, right at the front, in your small screen multiplex it's just no fun.

Id imagine that there's folk that want and enjoy being at the front though, so it serves a purpose.

Soldato
Once, back and neck ache for the entire film.

Oh and my ticket for Star wars was £4, independant cinema which was just as comfy as any other I've been to.

Associate
Like many others I done it once and never again. With a fast paced action movie I had horrible motion sickness throughout.

Soldato
A few rows from the front recently, but that was only because they were "premier" seats as I can't stand the standard seating. Luckily the seats are some distance from the screen anyway, so I enjoyed my view from the front.

That said, I found the seats over plasticky and noisy, the sound wasn't in surround which completely ruined the film for me and I noticed visible moiré-ing (?) throughout the adverts and the film.

Next time I'll just download the film and watching it from the comfort of my own home.

Soldato
This reminded me of just how horrible the disparity is between London and basically anywhere outside the M25 (as [TW]Fox said!) as where my ex lives down in Dorset her nearest Odeon in Dorchester (which is a brand new cinema) has tickets for £5.50 and premium seats are just £2 more - how I miss those cheap cinema trips!!

Associate
2nd row IMAX for the new star wars.

I didn't book it.

Barely watchable... :( Incredible level of perspective distortion and the 3D effect didn't really work properly. Missed most of the peripheral action. And terrible neck ache for a day or so afterwards.

Never again.

Caporegime
These are the prices for my local cinema. It's a really nice cinema as well with loads of great places to eat around it. Well, I'm sure you all know Bluewater. I think they are reasonable, plus the insiders card gets you in Sunday, Monday and Tuesday for £6.25.

m80goj.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom