*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
I see Tyson was being an ass again after wilders fight

wilder unfortunately doesn't possess boxing skills but if he hits you clean boy your going down :o

Caporegime
Everytime I watch him I find more and more faults and end up less impressed than I was the last time I watched him but he keeps winning in spectacular fashion. Hard to know where he stands in the grand scheme of things.

Caporegime
That was stupid and unneeded from Fury last night.

He should realise, he's the main champion. No need to go chasing fights. He's a marked man. The fights will come naturally. Wilder will fight him. Although saying that, I think he looked a bit intimidated by Fury last night.

Permabanned
Fury acted like a right tit at the Wilder fight, but still, his antics did make me chuckle. I think it'll be a great 'event' (I didn't say fight) if they meet later in the year. Would probably be more interesting if it was in Vegas as I'd love to see Fury wind up the American audience.

Valuev only had a height and reach advantage and Haye never got close to him. Fury's a far better boxer and is technically in a different league to Valuev. Honestly don't think Haye would get close to him.

I don't see how Fury is in a different league to Valuev? Furys is a poor technical fighter and honestly if it wasn't for his size he wouldn't be where he is.

Last edited:
Soldato
BBBOC would never give him a license what with his mental health history and he retired due to a detached retina I seem to remember.

Sadly whether some other unscrupulous country would give him one is a different matter. I hope this is just him saying things he doesn't really mean rather than a real intention to box again as he'll get himself hurt if he fights anyone half decent.

Caporegime
Is Alvarez like those African footballers that claim they're 21 when in actual fact they're 41? No idea how he's already had 48 fights at the age of 25 :eek::eek:

As for the fight, Khan's going to get smashed to pieces :)

Soldato
What a bizarre fight for Khan to take, his advisors clearly have no regard for his health. He's only fought a few times at 147lbs and against hand picked feather fisted welterweights, and suddenly he decides to take a fight at 155lbs against someone who comes into the ring at over 170lbs.

If Khan had shown in his career he can adapt, there's the possibility he could nick rounds, box and run all fight and sneak a decision. He hasn't shown he can adapt at all though. What he has shown is that he leaves himself wide open and has a v poor defense. I just see one outcome for this fight unfortunately, a devastating KO loss for Khan.

Canelo needs to fight GGG. Khan should have fought Brook, the money can't be worth your health. I just don't see him having any chance in this whatsoever. He doesn't have the ring intelligence to win imo.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's almost no-lose this one for Khan. Nobody expects him to win, and he won't But it won't harm his standing in the sport, and will enhance it if he acquits himself well, which I would expect him to: Khan wins rounds, particularly early in fights, he loses because he gets knocked out (except the Peterson fight, where he was harshly scored, and harshly deducted points by the referee). Alvarez isn't a huge puncher, so Khan might have the whiskers for this one.

Size and Khan's inactivity are the big problems. But he can go fight Kell Brook after he loses this one, and that fight's magnitude won't be diminished by a loss here.

Back
Top Bottom