Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
what insurer? they aint verygood

Bit of an update, my insurer is MCE, for some reason because i have only had my A license for 2 months they won't cover me, i asked to remove the KTM off my policy as it was sold, they said the only way to remove it is to cancel the policy, no way around it.

So now i have no policy, no ncb, no refund for the 4 months i have paid for and i have to now start a brand new policy for my new bike.

MCE can go **** themselves, they aren't getting my business again. *****.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
lol, mine only took 50 quid admin fee...

BTW I've been sent a video, that thing spits flames like mad! :D
hXluyiI.jpg

Associate
Bit of an update, my insurer is MCE, for some reason because i have only had my A license for 2 months they won't cover me, i asked to remove the KTM off my policy as it was sold, they said the only way to remove it is to cancel the policy, no way around it.

So now i have no policy, no ncb, no refund for the 4 months i have paid for and i have to now start a brand new policy for my new bike.

If you don't have the bike always cancel or amend the policy as fast as you can. Someone posted up some horror story in here or the car section of OcUK motors section. As Wazza said if the new owner has an accident it can efff up your insurance.

What are the quotes like on the new bike with no claims bonus? I didn't have any when I got Lucy as hadn't been that long before hand passing.

Caporegime
Dont know wheather to get a shoei gt air and the special sena bluetooth headphone kit espdcialy for that helmet or just keep using my old spare helmet till the speing release of senas own helmet

Soldato
If you don't have the bike always cancel or amend the policy as fast as you can. Someone posted up some horror story in here or the car section of OcUK motors section. As Wazza said if the new owner has an accident it can efff up your insurance.

What are the quotes like on the new bike with no claims bonus? I didn't have any when I got Lucy as hadn't been that long before hand passing.

Cheapest I've found is £483 fully comp with 0 ncb, which isn't bad really. :)

Man of Honour

What was their reason for not giving you any refund on the remaining months?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
It's just an OMG WTF!? reaction from someone whose never ridden a bike.
You're pretty stable at those speeds and most of your steering is done with legs and body position anyway.
The only real argument is the delay in getting to the front brake if something happens.

Associate
Hello all.

Ok so I am relocating and I am picking up an R reg Kawasaki GPZ500s (its cheap!) as I will be commuting 60 miles per day and crossing the Dartford bridge. I know it needs an MOT, the forks are pitted and seeping and a service. All easy enough but it has the 33bhp washers in the carbs. How easy is it to remove these and do I need to put new bigger ones to allow full power? Also do I need to balance the carbs?

I can't wait to get back on 2 wheels!! Just over a year with no riding has made me a bitter man lol.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom