HELP: Been In Accident & More Revealed!

Soldato
Sounds like an employee did it, managed to not damage the bumper so kept quiet about it,. I would still ask all parties directly if the damage was done while in their care, not sure an employee would knowingly lie at this stage. But there may be no record.

Whatever the incident in question was - there is NO chance that the bumper wasn't damaged and a new bumper replacement carried out.

Soldato
OP
OP we need our daily update? :)

I got the help of the previous manager, turns out he's now working for Vantage at a more senior level and have taken it on to sort it out for me. If I don't get an update this week (Thurs), I'll sort it out directly with the dealership when I get the car next week.

In his opinion, one should NOT have to ask if car was damaged during transport/delivery and he's disappoint it has happened, thus taking it on to help me out. Giving him and his connection with the dealership a chance to respond.

Cynic in me thinks it'll not work and they'll now get rid of any evidence.
I am still not ruling out it could be the current workshop that did it either.

Soldato
Surely if the current place, that is doing the insurance work had done it, they would just say it happened during the accident and been paid by the insurance company to fix it.

Soldato
OP
Surely if the current place, that is doing the insurance work had done it, they would just say it happened during the accident and been paid by the insurance company to fix it.

That's true, but I am unsure what kind of reporting process these workshops have to abide to, in order to claim the costings.

Soldato
Sounds a tricky one. First up is finding out when the damage happened. If someone paid for a new bumper and respray at Toyota it would have to have come out of someone's pocket and I would think Toyota would be well and truly covered for delivery damage.

If the car was damaged then repaired off the books it will be difficult to prove. The only possible way that might show this happened before you had taken delivery is if a bumper rear end parts for the same car got ordered around the same time your car got delivered.

Did the car get taken for repair on a truck? Have you ever bumped the car when reversing got out and not seen any damage?

Last edited:
Associate
Someone went into the back of my car at 30+ mph (my car was also red fwiw) and the boot floor was bent about twice as bad as that.

The bumper outwardly showed no sign of damage, the paint wasn't cracked or anything. The only indication was a reversing light that was cracked.

The floor had to be cut out and a new one welded in, as its part of the crash structure (crumple zone) the car was considered unsafe until the work was completed. The bumper was so unharmed I saw the body shop listing it on ebay about 6 months later..

Caporegime
Well in the old days when i worked at a fiat garage the quality of the cars delivered was shocking. Once when the new Brava came out, they garage received 5 cars and managed to make one car as there was so much body damage on each car.

I saw the car go into the paintshop with a different colour door and boot lid and wing to get resprayed.

Felt sorry for the owner picking up their brand new car which was basically a cobbled together car.

Soldato
If the bumper is a pattern part then you might not be able to find out at all, assuming it was replaced. If as a post above suggest that that type of damage can occur without evident bumper damage then I'd guess that you'll never find out as the bumper will be original and as the damage was hidden nobody fessed up.

A question that might be worth asking is as part of Toyotas PDI would they have had the car on a ramp and would or should that damage have been spotted? From the pics it looks like a few of the spot welds have popped so surely a decent mechanic would have noticed that?

Associate
Just thinking about this - the car reg might not be enough.

Assuming the damage was done on delivery, likely the car hadn't been registered at that point - thus no car reg to log the parts of repair etc. against.

So I'd assume you'd need the VIN number and trace it via that.

Soldato
OP
Apologies for the lack in updates, I am still waiting for the car to be fixed. There's been a delay due to parts not arriving on time, so waiting even longer.

To top it off, I'm going on holiday tomorrow, so I'm driving the courtesy car away and hopefully get my Aygo when I return middle of February.

Then I'm taking it down to the Dealers to get it looked at. Apart from the useless ex-manager I thought was helping, I've not alerted anyone there yet - and with a holiday to come, I am not going to deal with it till I am back with my car.

Will make sure I update again when I'm back, and with my car.

Back
Top Bottom