Waking Up In The Morning

Soldato
Have kids - you'll never EVER have a problem with getting up in the morning! Both myself and wife work and i've not set an alarm for years - kids are up around 7/7.30am every morning.

But seriously - get 8 hours sleep a night, move the alarm to the other side of the room, stop setting multiple alarms as you brain probably thinks if you miss the 1st one the 2nd will get you up and so on. Set one alarm, far away and get up. Simple.

Associate
I got a sleep android app. And it has a gradual alarm so you wake up a bit more 'naturally' and then my fiancee comes in about 5 min later with a cup of tea for me to make sure i'im up.

Associate
I used to struggle in the mornings as well. Went out and bought one of the clocks that light up for 30mins getting brighter slowly then alarm goes off and I allways seem to wake up 5 mins before it goes off definitely recommend one

Soldato
I got a sleep android app. And it has a gradual alarm so you wake up a bit more 'naturally' and then my fiancee comes in about 5 min later with a cup of tea for me to make sure i'im up.
Well trained!:eek:

What he didn't mentioned is that if he is not up when she comes in with the tea, she throws it on him to make sure he wakes up ! ;)

And in regards to the OP, go to bed at regular times if possible. I.e. if you need to be up at 6am, go to bed no later then 10pm. Have two alarms, one at the bed, one loud one just outside the bedroom (or as far away as possible from the bed if in a hotel room), and as others said, only set one alarm on each, or your brain will think "ohh next one is 10min later I go up then" kind of thing.

I had bad sleeping pattern a while ago due to working hours, so asked work to get me more consistent hours for a couple weeks and made myself go to bed at regular times. For me around midnight and up at 8am, which works fine since I don't start work until the afternoon most of the times. Now my sleeping pattern is more or less fine, have the odd days here and there where it goes awry, but mostly on days when I am off (although doing my best to try and keep same times for sleep then as well)

Associate
I hate sleeping, I normally start waking up hours before the alarm goes off and it's usually a relief when it finally does and I can jump out of bed and get on with things. And that's setting the alarm for 2 and a quarter hours before I need to be at work.

Sleeping's such a waste of time.

Soldato
I never usually struggle to get up but i have to get up straight away, if i try to laze around i'll end up dozing back off. So literally the second my alarm goes I jump straight out of bed

Soldato
I used to use my bedside clock as an alarm and set two, 15 minutes apart. The amount of times I'd wake off to turn off the alarm and then wake about 30 minutes later only to realise I'd turned off the first alarm in my sleep was getting stupid.

Ended up using my phone instead with only one alarm and using that. You must be a really heavy sleeper to sleep through alarms at full volume? Have you tried using a different tone? I find the musical tones don't really wake me up.

Soldato
These things are pretty awesome :). The alarm its self is ultra loud and the vibrate pad thing that goes under your pillow/mattress is really powerful. If you put it on the bed slats it sound like a jackhammer :D.

Thats what i've got, so loud you can hear it outside the house.

Doesnt stop me sleeping through it though

Soldato
I've always been a heavy sleeper, and to top it off, I'm deaf also (require two hearing aids; obviously out when sleeping).

I currently use an alarm clock that has a strobe light in it, and an optional vibrating pad. There is an alarm sounder as well, but I tend not to use it. Not because I won't hear it, but because it sounds like I'm stood next to a nuclear warning klaxon it's that loud!

Either way, the vibrating pillow pad and the strobe light makes me wake up, whether I want to or not. Still has that effect 10 years later!

Permabanned
I have a big problem with this, only since getting my most recent job have I forced myself to get out of bed but still once or twice did the snooze and was lucky not to be late. It is made worse than now i am on shifts that change every week. I am realy tired on the early shift all week. I much prefer 10-6 shift. Even though i get the same amount of sleep for some reason i don't get as tired.

My alarm is loud, i think it wakes up my neighbours. It is so annoying as well that i end up turning it off so quickly.

Back
Top Bottom