Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Associate
Yeah police are looking into talking to the rider.... but not the girl who was obviously on her phone and driving at the same time -_-

Glad I'm not the only one who picked up on this. She's posing more of a danger by recording him on her phone than he is..

Soldato
I wouldn't have ridden for miles with no hands (did he ACTUALLY ride for 2 miles with no hands?) but I'll happily do it to adjust my gloves, or for other reasons for a few seconds when off the throttle slowing down, or going downhill - the general public probably think it's the same as riding a bicycle with no hands where a sudden lean or change in direction can have you off :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
Thinking about it, how did he keep going. He wasn't using the throttle and didn't have the clutch pulled in. It would have had to have been an impressive hill to keep him going for 2 miles!

Associate
Bit of an update, my insurer is MCE, for some reason because i have only had my A license for 2 months they won't cover me, i asked to remove the KTM off my policy as it was sold, they said the only way to remove it is to cancel the policy, no way around it.

So now i have no policy, no ncb, no refund for the 4 months i have paid for and i have to now start a brand new policy for my new bike.

MCE can go **** themselves, they aren't getting my business again. *****.

MCE charged me something like £200 quid for removing my scooter from my multi bike policy, apparently having only one bike is riskier than having several. :eek:

But anyway always ensure you keep your insurance company informed of anything you do, they're always looking for any excuse not to pay out don't give it to them.

Caporegime
MCE charged me something like £200 quid for removing my scooter from my multi bike policy, apparently having only one bike is riskier than having several. :eek:

means you will ride your more expensive bike and be more likley to crash it than your crappy scooter.

Soldato
Maybe he's upped the idle or got one of those grips that can lock the throttle open, I know some BMW's have them, also stunt riders equip their bikes with them.

You still living in the 90s? We have cruise control now :p

Well... I don't. Good old fashioned cabled throttle on my Speed controlled by my hand rather than the computer :D

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
One thing to remember, AVOID MCE... lol

I was with Entire cover, paid something like £330 for TPFT cover.

Man of Honour
Don't, there's plenty of other companies that will normally come in within about £50 of an MCE quote and don't have a ridiculous excess.

Wazza is the only person I've ever heard say anything good about them, but he also rides around with oil leaks and glues his wheel bearings in place :p

Caporegime
I claimed from them for damage and loss of earnings just fine,but it was years ago,maybe they are crap today idk,seems to me they like to rip off new riders

I have a big oil leak but its the cam cover gasket,I'm waiting till I have the valve clearances done,that way they can replace the gasket and balance the carbs at the same time,around £250

Associate
MCE were quoting an excess of £2000 on my 125(!) For some strange reason, I wasn't particularly tempted by their offer...

I did go with Carole Nash who insured me with Aviva. They've been fantastic. From having my bike stolen, I had a like for like replacement within 3 weeks. They allowed me to move my policy to the replacement bike too - this cost £40 though.

Caporegime
bike sure were good for me this claim, mce were quite good on my last claim but it was a more difficult case so didnt work out as well.

Back
Top Bottom