AOC G2460PF

Associate
Whenever I try and install the beta driver it just tells me that the best driver is already install "Generic PNP monitor". I've changed the settings in GPEDIT.msc as well :(

EDIT - Fixed - Have to use "Have Disk" /facepalm! It's now reporting 30-144hz.

Regarding the ICC profile, does everything not look a bit green? Can people post up their OSD settings please?

Last edited:
Soldato
As noted in the review inter-unit variation will mean that you can't necessarily expect the ICC profile to make everything optimal. There is no substitute for performing your own calibration, on your own system with your own colorimeter.

If the ICC profile introduces an obvious green tint then it's unlikely to be correctable through the OSD, I'm afraid. As per the review the colour channels were left in their neutral ('50') position, so the ICC profile didn't make strong adjustments there nor was it designed to counteract any particular tint on my unit. The green hue may be as a result of the gamma handling of your unit or another attribute of its colour reproduction being quite different to mine.

Associate
As noted in the review inter-unit variation will mean that you can't necessarily expect the ICC profile to make everything optimal. There is no substitute for performing your own calibration, on your own system with your own colorimeter.

If the ICC profile introduces an obvious green tint then it's unlikely to be correctable through the OSD, I'm afraid. As per the review the colour channels were left in their neutral ('50') position, so the ICC profile didn't make strong adjustments there nor was it designed to counteract any particular tint on my unit. The green hue may be as a result of the gamma handling of your unit or another attribute of its colour reproduction being quite different to mine.

Ah I see. I did the windows calibration and I couldn't get the gamma test to look at all close to what the picture defined as "good gamma". Think I might have a play for a few days and then possibly send it back. The smoothness in CSGO is amazing but I'm not sure I can let the color issue go. I didn't expect IPS but I did expect it to beat my 8 year old 20" Samsung Syncmaster LCD lol. £200 is a lot to spend on a product your not entirely happy with.

Cheers for your help :)

Side by Side:- I appreciate it's hard to tell with a poor camera phone but you get the idea

zdLw6.jpg

Sent back to ocuk today, real shame about the colours on it :(

Last edited:
Associate
Ah I see. I did the windows calibration and I couldn't get the gamma test to look at all close to what the picture defined as "good gamma". Think I might have a play for a few days and then possibly send it back. The smoothness in CSGO is amazing but I'm not sure I can let the color issue go. I didn't expect IPS but I did expect it to beat my 8 year old 20" Samsung Syncmaster LCD lol. £200 is a lot to spend on a product your not entirely happy with.

Cheers for your help :)

Side by Side:- I appreciate it's hard to tell with a poor camera phone but you get the idea

zdLw6.jpg

Sent back to ocuk today, real shame about the colours on it :(

Send it back because of the colours?:confused::confused:
You already should expected bad colours on this monitor...

Sending it back because the little difference in colours...
Its mainly for gaming.

Associate
Send it back because of the colours?:confused::confused:
You already should expected bad colours on this monitor...

Sending it back because the little difference in colours...
Its mainly for gaming.

I expected bad colours but not this washed out. It's a 2016 TN panel facing off against a 2008 TN panel. £200 is a lot of money in my eyes so that's why it went back.

Associate
Whenever I try and install the beta driver it just tells me that the best driver is already install "Generic PNP monitor". I've changed the settings in GPEDIT.msc as well :(:o0-144hz.

EDIT - Fixed - Have to use "Have Disk" /facepalm! It's now reporting 30-144hz.
/facepalm here as well. I have owned this monitor for over a month and had no idea the beta driver wasn't installed correctly this entire time...figured that Crimson displaying 48-144hz and windows reporting Generic PnP Monitor was just a side effect of using the beta driver to begin with.

Since this thread doesn't provide 100% clear information on installing the beta driver, and neither does AOC, I have made a video tutorial on how to get the beta driver working correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GrYpQeTNks

A collection of the drivers released thus-far and pcmonitor's color profile for anyone who is interested.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxtey38s9odvqi8/AOC_G2460PF_Drivers.rar?dl=0

Installing this driver correctly doesn't fix the alt-tab issue that has been mentioned unfortunately, I think AOC has to fix that one to be honest because other freesync monitors do not seem to have that issue but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Associate
I doubt the alt-tab issue is fixable with a monitor driver. The fact this monitor already relies on a driver to reach the advertised Freesync range is still beyond me. And honestly, don't expect much support from AOC anymore. They released the driver, it's done. On to the next model...

Last edited:
Associate
I doubt the alt-tab issue is fixable with a monitor driver. The fact this monitor already relies on a driver to reach the advertised Freesync range is still beyond me. And honestly, don't expect much support from AOC anymore. They released the driver, it's done. On to the next model...

Raining where you are today? From what I can tell all monitors rely on a driver to "reach the advertised Freesync range" in that the range that can be output by the monitor is stated in the driver.

It's a very new technology in a monitor that is far cheaper than the competition. There is bound to be teething problems.

For me, this monitor is well worth it even with its flaws as Freesync is a brilliant piece of technology. In DayZ mod (a notorious game for terrible performance) I get between 30 and 80 fps with my R9 290x. Before, I had a choice between using vsync and being mostly stuck at 30fps or turning it off and getting awful tearing.

Now I get fairly fluid mouse input and no tears which is great. Yes, occasionally I alt-tab out and get corruption. It has been fixed every time by minimising and restoring the window at most 5 times.

Annoying? Yes. Wish they'd fix it? Yes. Completely ruins the experience or would pay £100 more for a monitor that doesn't do it? Probably not.

Soldato
It's a very new technology in a monitor that is far cheaper than the competition. There is bound to be teething problems.

Is it though? I'm only aware of one other 24" 1080p Freesync screen available in the UK, and its pretty much the same price. Not that I know how it compares yet.

Associate
Raining where you are today? From what I can tell all monitors rely on a driver to "reach the advertised Freesync range" in that the range that can be output by the monitor is stated in the driver.
Nope, this is the first and only one I have personally seen with this nonsense. A good monitor reports its refresh rates correctly to Windows, the default driver should be enough in that case. AOC messed up and is patching it using a driver. A non-certified driver which requires you to temporary disable driver signing. It's all very unprofessional of AOC. Fortunately, with Crimson's LFC it doesn't really matter anymore.

Also, it is not really that cheap. It is only like 30 euros less expensive over here than let's say iiyama's Red Eagle. In fact, when I bought it, it was € 300 which is way too much for a monitor with issues like the G2460PF has.

Last edited:
Associate
Annoying? Yes. Wish they'd fix it? Yes. Completely ruins the experience or would pay £100 more for a monitor that doesn't do it? Probably not.

Shouldn't even be for sale with that damn annoying corruption issue. Other people with different monitors (benq, etc) never experience the same problems as us with freesync enabled.

Associate
How does this monitor compare to the 2411z from Benq? I mostly play cs go. So input lag is important to me. I have read a lot of reviews and some say that this monitor is better and some the other way around. If anyone can help that would be great!

Associate
How does this monitor compare to the 2411z from Benq? I mostly play cs go. So input lag is important to me. I have read a lot of reviews and some say that this monitor is better and some the other way around. If anyone can help that would be great!
I've owned both but the g2460pf has had bugs on it and I've tried 3 of them. The xl2411z seems to be bug free apart from tearing but I'm not getting the G2770PF instead and hopefully it will be fine. The drivers for the AOC monitors don't even go to their advertised freesync range without using the BeTA drivers which requires you to disable Windows signature or something like that. Honestly I felt less input lag with freesync disabled but this was on CSGO so perhaps that's why.

Soldato
I'm looking for a decent 24" Monitor for gaming/browsing etc. Just seen this up for £157, would anyone recommend it? I can't read through the 20 odd pages through here :p

I have an Nvidea GTX 970 but will be upgrading to the next gen AMD or Nvidea when they're released.

Soldato
I'm looking for a decent 24" Monitor for gaming/browsing etc. Just seen this up for £157, would anyone recommend it? I can't read through the 20 odd pages through here :p

I have an Nvidea GTX 970 but will be upgrading to the next gen AMD or Nvidea when they're released.

Did you do it or not? Curious now lol

Back
Top Bottom