Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
One thing to remember, AVOID MCE... lol

I was with Entire cover, paid something like £330 for TPFT cover.

I think im the only one that likes mce:eek:

bennetts are decent aswell,but they have a lot of fees

Most of them re-sell anyway, so I don't think any two people are going to get the same service.

For example - BikeSure - I got knocked off, got a courtesy bike next day even though that wasn't in my policy, got my helmet covered which was again, not in my policy and they were overall very good. However, that was actually BLD, so you can't rate BikeSure for that.

Then, my brother gets knocked off, he's also with BikeSure, but got passed to some other company who didn't offer a courtesy bike, made him pay excess for helmet and so on.

Then, you have the repair company who is again separate, so once again you can't rate BikeSure themselves for that.

Then you have the legal company.

Then there's the kit cover company (sometimes same as the legal company for some reason iirc).

Insurance is a mess. Resellers selling reseller's resold services which are then outsourced and re-sold to the resellers.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Hello all.

Ok so I am relocating and I am picking up an R reg Kawasaki GPZ500s (its cheap!) as I will be commuting 60 miles per day and crossing the Dartford bridge. I know it needs an MOT, the forks are pitted and seeping and a service. All easy enough but it has the 33bhp washers in the carbs. How easy is it to remove these and do I need to put new bigger ones to allow full power? Also do I need to balance the carbs?

I can't wait to get back on 2 wheels!! Just over a year with no riding has made me a bitter man lol.

Cheers

I'm no expert but the washers should easily come out,whenever you disturb the carbs its best to re balance them

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Should I take the bad luck with finding the right SV as a sign to buy an MT07? :D The guy from the black SV hasn't replied for two days now, I didn't write on here as I didn't want to jinx it... :(

Soldato
Should I take the bad luck with finding the right SV as sign to buy an MT07? :D The guy from the black SV hasn't replied for two days now, I didn't write on here as I didn't want to jinx it... :(

I like the MT-07 more than the SV. Can you pick up an MT for less than £4K though?

Caporegime
I would say new if you plan on keeping it a year or two,and second hand if planning on keeping it longer?

you worry less about it getting nicked/dropped/winter weather eating it if its used/few years old vs new

up to you though really

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Only 15 hours from you. :D

Only? I could probably give him a ring tomorrow and say 3900 delivered. But I need a high quality video of the bike first :p

I would say new if you plan on keeping it a year or two,and second hand if planning on keeping it longer?

you worry less about it getting nicked/dropped/winter weather eating it if its used/few years old vs new

up to you though really

I'm keeping the bike for at least 2 years, possibly 3 depends on when I do my DAS. Then, I'll be getting another bike and you all already know what it'll be! :D :cool:

I was thinking today about a touring bike, but I'm not entirely sure if it would suite me. I mean, I like travelling and doing longer distances on a bike... But I also like to go quick around the twisties, so I think my best bet would be a naked. Any other bike suggestions other than: SV650, XJ6N, MT07, ER6F and Z800e?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
127bhp, the factory power can't be greater than 94bhp for it to qualify for A2. After that the bike 'needs' to be restricted to 47bhp, e.g. throttle restrictor. :p

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Thanks to the idiots who were jumping straight away on 1000cc bikes and crashing we've this stupid law... :mad:

Soldato
Yeah exactly. :mad:

Anyway, I have been looking around for bits for my early 03 curvy SV 650. Assuming both of my tests go well next week *touch wood* then I'll be buying crash bungs, along with a nice exhaust. However I'm confused at what I'm looking at, I like the Scorpion ones, but how do I know that it would fit?

To be fair I'm actually worried about my tests too... I know to treat them as a lesson and do everything the way I have been taught. Perhaps I'm over thinking it all :(

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I gave a proposition of this TRIP instead of Romania, the guy who wants to go to Romania wasn't happy as 70% of people voted for my idea. :p

I would leave them in Prague and be on my way back to UK, this is not the final thing. Its just a rough idea, any idea on where to go in Austria not too far away from the route would be nice! :p
Only like 10 hours from prague to Calais, I could do that in a day. Be on the fairy, get some rest and then straight home. :)

Edit

So in total I would have done around 6500km's in 2-3 weeks time, that's not that bad tbh. :p I was thinking of getting the bike delivered to Poland one-way, as the trip would be boring due to me being in a rush. So the distance would drop to 4800km's.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom