RIP Dave Mirra - Sad news

Associate
:(

Dave Mirra, BMX Superstar and Former MTV Host, Dies of Apparent Suicide

BMX bike superstar Dave Mirra, who also hosted MTV’s “Real World/Road Rules” challenge, has died of an apparent suicide.

The 41 year-old was found dead in his truck in North Carolina on Thursday with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to law enforcement officials.

He is survived by his wife and two children.

Mirra hosted “The Challenge” on MTV from 2004 to 2005 as well as being the subject of the “Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX” video game series. Mirra also guest starred on an episode the “George Lopez” show in 2004.

The decorated athlete medaled in the X Games every year from its inception in 1995 to 2008, holding a total of 24 medals, which was the record at one point.

“I just wish he would have called me,” fellow BMX pro T.J. Lavin told TMZ. “I would have jumped on a plane in a second. There’s always another way. If anyone needs help, just please get it. I feel sick about this.”

Sad news, another great talent gone!

I always find it even more depressing when a superstar such as Dave Mirra commits suicide. You always think people who massively influence others and won't have any financial worries could be unhappy enough to end their own life. But I guess at the end of the day, we are all human and have our own demons and troubles.

RIP.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes very sad news. Need more info, was he depressed or could this have been an accident ? he seems like the most unlikely person to suffer from depression. With young Children, athleticism fame and success. I guess the same could have been Robin Williams tho, (apart from the athleticism)

Soldato
RIP, this guy was one of my idols as a child.

I would be interested to know how they came to the suicide conclusion as he seemed (on the front of it) to have everything

Associate
:(

was this a mental illness thing? depression, seems to happen so much to people who have such tallent. Seems like the obsession that drives them to greatness can also push you over the edge.

Back
Top Bottom